Thanksgiving Desserts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarah 1426

Cook
This Thanksgiving I am doing a pumpkin pie for dessert and I wanted to do one more thing (something besides pie) but i can't think of anything...
if anyone has any ideas for me or tell me what you are doing for dessert!!
Thanks!!

I'm making Tiramisu, mini pecan tarts and a friend is making apple strudel.

There will only be 9 of us so 3 different deserts seems sufficient.

I have posted this several times on here but here it is again! :D This is the dessert I'm making for Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Layer1- 1(16oz.)can pumpkin
1(12oz.)can evaporated milk
3 eggs
3/4C. sugar
1/2tsp. cinnamon
Mix well & pour into 9x13 well greasd baking pan.

Layer2- Sprinkle 1 box(dry)butter recipe cake mix over layer#1.

Layer3- Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, pour evenly over cake mix.

Layer4- Top with 1 1/2C. chopped pecans.
Bake at 350 deg. for 1 hour. Cool completely.

Layer5- 2C. powdered sugar
8oz. cream cheese, softened
8oz. cool whip, thawed
Mix well & spread on cooled cake. Keep refrigerated. Eat & enjoy.

Yeah, we are having about 6 or 7 people over, and one of my girlfriends (who is coming over) absolutly loves tiramisu so i think I might try that.
Can you give me the recipie for your tiramisu?
Thanks!

yumm...that pumpkin crunch cake sounds really good too... these are all great desserts, i might make one extra, you know just for me...lol...hehe!

thanks!

I will gladly post the tiramisu later today..I just posted it but it didnt go through..I will do it again when I get home from shopping.

Tiramisu from Raos an infamous NYC Itallian Restaurant

6 lg eggs
1 c sugar
1/2 c kahula or other brandy
4 1/2 c mascsrpone cheese
1 c tiny chocolate bits
3 c boiling water
3 TB lt. brwn sugar
3 TB instant espresso powder
1 TB fine quality cocoa powder
2 7 oz pkgs lady fingers
1/2 c grated choc.

Whisk eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl over boiling water. Using a hand held mixer beat at least 7 min or until tripled in bulk.Remove bowl.

Beat in liquor 1 TB at a time. Continue beating 5 min until cool

When cool beat in cheese and stir in choic. chips.

Combine water, espresso powder, brwn sugar and cocoa..stir until blended.

Dip lady fingers in mixture and place in a 13x9x2 glass baking dish covering bottom..cut to fit if necessary.

Evenly spread 1/3 of cheese mixture. Continue dipping and layering ending w/cheese.

Tightly cover w/plastic wrap. Refrig. at least 8 hrs.

Grate choc. over top prior to serving.

Enjoy :LOL:

We're eating early this year. I'm making an orange sorbet for dessert immediately after the meal, but I'm making my Death By Ganache cake for the sharing of desserts later that evening with friends. Killer stuff, with the dark chocolate genoise brushed with Godiva liqueur then coated with ganache...

Audeo said:
We're eating early this year. I'm making an orange sorbet for dessert immediately after the meal, but I'm making my Death By Ganache cake for the sharing of desserts later that evening with friends. Killer stuff, with the dark chocolate genoise brushed with Godiva liqueur then coated with ganache...

Audeo; REmember that "Dangerous" lable I gave a while back on another post. Well, after this desert (and no, I don't want the recipe. I already know too much ;) ), you qualify as well. Oh how I wish my sweet tooth would fall out.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

ROFLMAO!!!

Bug, it is painfully good. But you may both rest assured that I'll not be eating more than one bite of the stuff! Ironically, neither my husband nor I are fans of sweets...but this one...well, I've seen husbands rudely tell their wives to move out of the way!!!

Hmmm...being relatively certain that Goodweed is a good patient, in fact, the very best kind of patient a doctor could have, I just may post the recipe to be annoying...if requested, that is! And I surround the thing with lots of chocolate-covered cherries, mint leaves and raspberries... :twisted:

Can't resist a challenge, girlfriend.

Put yours up and I'll post the Death by Chocolate Torte that I learned how to make courtesy of Mr. Mark Bittman. I garnished mine with sliced kiwi fruit.

After Thanksgiving is OK. I still have to make mom's cranberry glop (and I mean "glop" in the very best sense of the word) as my assignment for the feast on Thursday.

Oooo! Can I get in on the Death by Chocolate thing? I have one that I submitted to a recipe contest (sadly I didn't win :cry: ) that is to die for. I will have to edit the title to be PG but it is REALLY good. Chocolate Raspberry...Delight. I'd love to try both of your recipes too.

Abso-effing-lutely, Alix. The more the merrier. Our duty as citizens of the world is to further civilization. And what could be more civilized than another decadent chocolate dessert?

Two chocolate desserts? And some good dessert wine? Mmmmmm! OK....when do you want to start this thread? Do you want to wait til your festivities are done?

I will be waiting until I get back from da beach. Others may go ahead if they like.

And I'm hoping that Konditor will chime in with another luscious-sounding creation to add to our collective knowledge (VERY STRONG HINT HERE...)

I'll pick up that gauntlet, bug and Alix! What a great thread!!

Okay, Alix, you go first, because I go on duty in little better than an hour, so no time to type it out tonight. But come tomorrow....!

And Alix, prepare for some comments from Goodweed! He has a documented weakness for that raspberry-chocolate combination and I can't wait to see your retitled masterpiece myself!

It's amazing what we can consume in the holidays! I'll be working my tail off in the gym over the next month, for sure! But then again, I've been preparing, too... :twisted:

Have a great time at da beach, bug!!! Sand is THE BEST pedicure on Earth!! (Especially when one has a mimosa in hand...!)

Calling all Konditors!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom