TNT Caramel Apple Dumplings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelemarie

Executive Chef
I found this recipe in my local newspaper - I made it last night - absolutely wonderful!

Caramel Apple Dumplings

Sauce:
1-1/2 cup water
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ t salt

Dumplings:
1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp. Baking powder
½ cup milk
2 TBS butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup diced apples

1. Combine all sauce ingredients in pan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
  2. Start dumplings-combine flour, sugar, baking powder together.
  3. Add milk, butter and vanilla, stir just until moist, add apples.
  4. Drop into the boiling sauce – the size of large teaspoons.
  5. Lower heat to low, cover and cook until knife inserted comes out clean-about 8-10 min.
  6. Serve over vanilla ice cream.

karma, hugs, good thoughts, smiles and all things good coming your way for posting this recipe! I love apple dishes. This sounds delish! Thank you!

APPLE DUMPLINGS

1 CAN CRESCENT ROLLS

2 GRANNY SMITH APPLES
Quarter apples and microwave them for at
least two minutes
WRAP APPLES IN CRESCENT ROLLS
pUT IN BAKING DISH

MIX TOGETHER 1 1/2 CUPS SUGAR
1 STICK OF BUTTER, MELTED
2 TABLESPOONS CORNSTARCH
MIX AND SPREAD ON TOP OF APPLES
POUR ONE 12 OUNCE CAN OF MOUNTAIN DEW ON TOP.
BAKE 45 MINUTES IN 350 DEGREE OVEN.
THESE ARE WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFULLY BROWN
WITH A WONDERFUL THICK SAUCE WHEN DONE
YOU CAN USE PART BROWN SUGAR AND WHITE
SUGAR IF YOU WISH, AND ADD SOME CINNAMON
TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR INSTEAD OF ALL
WHITE SUGAR.

I use 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar
and add cinnamon to taste.
I do not microwave the apples, as they cook
while they are baking.
When you wrap the cresent roll dough around the
apples, keep the side with the most dough "up"
in your baking dish. I use a 9 x 13 glass dish
sprayed with Pam.

Sounds delightful, Michele! I have some apples in my fridge so will definitely try it soon. DH likes desserts with apples so I am sure he will appreciate it. Thanks for sharing!

GrannyG, thanks for posting the Apple Dumpings recipe. By the way, is Mountain Dew a kind of soft drink? If so, what is a suitable replacement?

I think 7-up would be a good substitute. Anything that is clear with a citrusy lemon/lime flavor would be fine.

boufa06 said:
Sounds delightful, Michele! I have some apples in my fridge so will definitely try it soon. DH likes desserts with apples so I am sure he will appreciate it. Thanks for sharing!

You are quite welcome! Enjoy!

company coming this weekend... apples are waiting to be used Michele.
Oh Yummy! I can't wait.!

Those sound sooooooooooo good! I plan on making them tonight! My husband loves apple treats and I hope my kids like it too! Thanks for posting it!:)

- Marygio-

You can use 7-UP or Sprite as well. It is a great recipe and so easy. You can use some ice cream or a dollop of Cool Whip on top when you serve them.

marygio said:
Those sound sooooooooooo good! I plan on making them tonight! My husband loves apple treats and I hope my kids like it too! Thanks for posting it!:)

- Marygio-

You are very welcome! I hope everyone liked them!

Michele,
Ohhh my,
Fantastic dessert..We both made :pig: out of ourselves...Perfect just as you posted, didn't add a thing except two hands instead of one eating it:LOL:
Thanks MM..It's a keeper.

kadesma

kadesma said:
Michele,
Ohhh my,
Fantastic dessert..We both made :pig: out of ourselves...Perfect just as you posted, didn't add a thing except two hands instead of one eating it:LOL:
Thanks MM..It's a keeper.

kadesma

Oh, I am so glad you liked this! I am craving it again after seeing this thread, looks like I am gonna need some apples this week!

Do you only throw in the dumplings (covered apple slices) into the boiling sauce or the ENTIRE dumpling recipe (covered apples slices + excess)?

Infamous_01 said:
Do you only throw in the dumplings (covered apple slices) into the boiling sauce or the ENTIRE dumpling recipe (covered apples slices + excess)?

I'm not sure I understand the question but I will try to answer the question. Combine all the dough ingredients, including apples. Form this dough into small dumplings and plop them all into the boiling sauce. Does that help?

Michelemarie said:
I'm not sure I understand the question but I will try to answer the question. Combine all the dough ingredients, including apples. Form this dough into small dumplings and plop them all into the boiling sauce. Does that help?

Ohhhhh now i understand. Thanks :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom