TNT Chocolate Kahlua Mousse Pie by popular demand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Every year, for as long as I can remember, my dad has made this for Christmas. This is his "SECRET RECIPE!!" (Don't worry, as long as you don't tell on me, I won't get grounded :LOL: ) A couple notes though:-make sure the chocolate has cooled sufficiently before adding it to the yolks. I've made the mistake of adding them too soon and ended up with cooked egg yolks in my mousse.
-Add the chocolate slowly to the egg yolks. Pour in a little bit and stir it up to bring up the temp of the yolk mixture. Keep it up until all the chocolate is mixed in. (Thanks to Chopstix for this tip) Adding all the chocolate at once might cause the chocolate to seize.
-Instead of making it with a crust, you can pour the mousse into individual bowls and serve it that way (shorter freezing time is a bonus if you can't wait to taste it.
-The amount of kahlua is really up to you. I feel like a third of a cup is too much liquer, but you might like it that way. You do, however, need to put in at least a sixth of a cup or your mousse will come out rock solid (since the liquer doesn't freeze). I like it with just a sixth of a cup, there is just a hint of kahlua but isn't overpowering.
-I like to eat it straight out of the freezer but other member of the family like to take it out for 5-10 minutes before serving to let it soften up. But like I said, I'm not a fan of it. Please enjoy this! It is my favorite of all time and I'm happy to share it with all of you.
Chocolate Kahlua Mousse Pie
Serves 6-8

8 ounces chocolate chips, melted
2 large eggs, separated
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/6-1/3 cup kahlua
1 cup whipped cream plus additional cream for serving
One Oreo cookie crust

Melt chocolate and set aside until lukewarm. Separate egg whites into bowl and beat in sugar until glossy and medium stiff peaks form. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks until thick. Whisk in kahlua and chocolate until smooth. Fold in 1/4 of egg whites to lighten, then fold in remaining whites. Whip the cream and add to chocolate mixture. Pour into Oreo cookie crust. Chill in freezer overnight. Serve with whipped cream.

Last edited:
Woohoo!! Thank you corazon!!

3.gif
11.gif

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Just kidding Cora, I wouldn't do that to ya!! Sounds reeeeally good, yum yum!! And promise we will guard the secret with life!!:rolleyes:

I am making it tonight:mrgreen: MAN, I didn't read it all the way through, I have to freeze it OVERNIGHT
2.gif

Well, I guess we'll have it tomorrow.

Last edited:
This will be my new desert for family stuff. what's going to be funny, I'm gonna tell them that it's a pudding thing and make up my own recipe LOL
That way, theirs will NEVER come out right.:devilish: AHAHAHAHA

texasgirl said:
This will be my new desert for family stuff. what's going to be funny, I'm gonna tell them that it's a pudding thing and make up my own recipe LOL
That way, theirs will NEVER come out right.:devilish: AHAHAHAHA
Texas, tsk tsk,:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
You little rascal you:LOL: If ya get caught you can always say the devil made ya do it:devilish: Now I'm going to go copy that recipe and give it a try...Suppose I'll have to make two for this big brood:LOL:
kadesma

corazon90 said:
One Oreo cookie crust

Wow Corazon, this sounds so good. Thanks! I've a problem though. While Oreo cookies are easy, I don't think I'll find the crust here.

Does anyone have a recipe for an oreo cookie crust? Thanks!

Oh boy oh boy Corz........can't wait to try this and I have the Kalula but just need to get the other items when I go to the store.....thanks!

Chopstix said:
Wow Corazon, this sounds so good. Thanks! I've a problem though. While Oreo cookies are easy, I don't think I'll find the crust here.

Does anyone have a recipe for an oreo cookie crust? Thanks!

With this recipe, I am sure you can use those "graham cracker crust" technique. You can use either Oreo or any chocolate/cocoa based dark biscuits/cookies smash them into crumbs, then work the crumbs with cold butter, knead it well and press it evenly into the form.

urmaniac13 said:
With this recipe, I am sure you can use those "graham cracker crust" technique. You can use either Oreo or any chocolate/cocoa based dark biscuits/cookies smash them into crumbs, then work the crumbs with cold butter, knead it well and press it evenly into the form.

Thanks Licia! I thought of that but would you know I've never made graham cracker crust either because I've never made cheesecake... I'll look for cheesecake recipes now ...

I found this Chopstix. If you are going to make your own crust, I'd recommend doing it in a pie pan or something with slanted sides probably would make it easier than a straight sided pan.

1 1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (crush 15 in a food processor or blender)
3 tbsp. melted butter
To make the crust, generously butter a 9-inch glass pie plate. In a large bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and the melted butter. Using your fingertips, firmly and evenly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.

Back
Top Bottom