Used pan dilemma..Any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like it's just for making little egg cakes you might be able to make chocolates with it but I think you would just have two halves of an egg shape :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

The mold is not one of eggs, but clearly scallop shells indicating some sort of decorative seafood item.

I think it is a specialty pan for petit fours or Easter cakes. I would fill them with carrot cake batter for the Easter bunny crowd. It is a cliche but, a tasty one.

I think it is a specialty pan for petit fours or Easter cakes. I would fill them with carrot cake batter for the Easter bunny crowd. It is a cliche but, a tasty one.

Yes. Joesfolk and Bolas De Fraile have it right. It's for Madeleines.

The mold is not one of eggs, but clearly scallop shells indicating some sort of decorative seafood item.

This paticular pan does'nt have anything to do with seafood. The molds are shaped exactly like a half of a shell egg.

They're called Madelines (might be misspelled). I think they're like little sponge cakes, more in size to cookies, but I've never had nor made one.

Word Origin & History

Madeleine

variation of Madeline. The kind of small, rich confection is attested from 1845, named for Madeleine Paulmier, 19c. Fr. pastry cook; any use with a sense of "small thing that evokes powerful nostalgia" is due to Proust (1922).

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper

Let's all go to Simonbaker's house an indulge in egg cookies!!! :ROFLMAO:
Sounds good c'mon over! I like the idea one of the last posts said to make carrot cake petit fours for Easter. I wonder if there is a healthy carrot cake recipie out there? For portion control they would be about the right size.

Back
Top Bottom