Used pan dilemma..Any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonbaker

Chef Extraordinaire
We recently purchased some loaf crimp pans. Wondering if anyone has any good recipies for cinnamon, raisin bread , specifically for the pans. We have tried a cinnamon roll dough, but I've had better. I purchased the pans at a auction from a closed out bakery.
There was also another unnusual pan. It's the size of a large sheet pan & has half egg shaped aluminum molds.The pan is old but not sure what it was for.Any suggestions?

Can you post a picture?
To be quite honest I am very computor illitereate. I have a cheap lap top computor & have no web cam on it. I don't even have a digital camera. I do not mean to be stupid about it but I don't think I would be able to post a picture.:huh:

We are stumped, thinking it's for candy making or something like an individual sponge cake.

Does it look similar to this? This pan is for madeleines.

Last edited:
Like this? They call this a bun pan, for hot dog type buns:

015-d-462-1-400.jpg

Could you at least give us dimentions of the pans? As far as rasin bread recipe, I have one here, on the site, but without knowing what you are talking about I am not sure if this is what you need.
Look here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f154/sweet-bread-raisin-bread-18490.html

To describe the crimp pans a little better: There are 4 pans connected theres a top & a bottom to each. So, you put the dough in the bottom then you would close it like a suitcase. they are clipped together then you bake it. Like a pullman pan. The recipie probably shoul'nt be a batter more like a dense dough.When the product comes out of the oven it should look like it was baked in a can with rings around it.

Like this? They call this a bun pan, for hot dog type buns:

015-d-462-1-400.jpg
Not quite. The molds are shaped like raw shell eggs cut in half, lenghtwise. There are 48 molds per pan. The pan size is right though.

Does it look similar to this? This pan is for madeleines.
We do have one like this too. But, the egg mold shaped one is a full sheet pan size. The molds are shaped like raw shell eggs cut lengthwise. We are going to try a cake recipie then frost the 2 halves together then decorate them. We will let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom