Vanilla Creme Brulee
Hi Guys I made this last night and thought I’d share it with you. Take a look at my blog for a more detailed overview (Link in siggy)
6 Free Range Eggs
500ml Fresh Double Cream
170ml Semi Skimmed Milk
75g Caster Sugar
40g Demerara Sugar
1 Vanilla Pod
1. Preheat the oven at Gas Mark 1 (140c)
2. Separate the egg yolks from the whites as it is only the yolks we need for this recipe.
3. Put the 6 egg yolks into a fairly large mixing bowl and pour in the caster sugar. Add the vanilla seeds to the mix. Using a whisk gently mix the ingredients together. Once done, pour in the milk and cream and slowly stir the mixture together.
4. Pass the mixture through a sieve and then pour it into 4 ramekins. Now put them in the oven for 1 ½ - 2 hours. Please check them after at least 1 ½ hours by taping the ramekin. If the mixture ripples like a liquid then it is not yet ready. It is important that you do not overcook as the surface will crack and spoil the presentation.
5. Once cooked take the crème brulee out of the oven and cool in the fridge for an hour. This will allow it to set. Once set sprinkle on some of that pungent Demerara sugar on top and either use a small chef’s blowtorch or a grill to brown off the surface.