"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 01-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #31
Senior Cook

I like to add hot sauce and a shake of garlic powder to my butter!

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #32
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumblebee View Post
This might sound weird to non wasabi lovers... BUT.... something delicious for popcorn is to whisk in some wasabi powder into melted butter. Add in some honey and whisk some more. Drizzle on hot popcorn and voila! Honey wasabi popcorn. DEEEEE-LI-CIOUS!!!!!!!
Although I've never tried wasabi (one day I'll get the courage to do it!), this actually sounds really good! Would this be similar to those wasabi pea snacks maybe?

Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #33
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsnpanties View Post
Although I've never tried wasabi (one day I'll get the courage to do it!), this actually sounds really good! Would this be similar to those wasabi pea snacks maybe?
Yeah! Just not as hard and crunchy. :)

It really is good. And what I love about wasabi is that you get a BURST of intense flavour but then it just goes away. There is no lingering, residual heat like with curries and such. It's just tasty tasty tasty. And the bit of honey, mixed with the butter, tames it down a bit too... so you just get a nice flavour with a bit of a kick.

Dang... now i am craving it badly!!! LOL
Old 01-15-2011, 01:54 AM   #34
Master Chef

i'm a garlic & a salt type of person, that goes on most of my food in 1 form or another!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #35
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumblebee View Post
Yeah! Just not as hard and crunchy. :)

It really is good. And what I love about wasabi is that you get a BURST of intense flavour but then it just goes away. There is no lingering, residual heat like with curries and such. It's just tasty tasty tasty. And the bit of honey, mixed with the butter, tames it down a bit too... so you just get a nice flavour with a bit of a kick.

Dang... now i am craving it badly!!! LOL
I'm going to have to go hunting for wasabi powder, you've convinced me to test this out .
Old 01-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #36
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsnpanties View Post
I'm going to have to go hunting for wasabi powder, you've convinced me to test this out .
I have a small can in the cupboard...waiting for the next asian coleslaw.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #37
Sous Chef

Last night i made a double batch of a honey crunch popcorn that i found on Spark People. I made a bit of a mess while doing so, it was my first time after all.

First of all, there is a lot to be said for the ease and deliciousness of just plain popped popcorn.

Secondly, for a recipe with three steps - to pop the popcorn, make the sauce, then cover it and bake it - without burning myself or ruining a cookie sheet (yes it was new), at least it was all devoured by midnight !

I wonder why the recipes need to be baked, anyway ? I have others that need to be baked too ...

Tags
None