What is your favorite Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No fair. I can't just pick one.

Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate souffle
Cheesecake
Tiramisu
Trifle (in a pinch, lol)
Chocolate eclairs
Tartufo
Hot Fudge sundae
Banana Split
Brownies
Strawberry shortcake
Charlotte Russe
Rice Pudding (comfort dessert)

That's why I rarely keep dessert in the house - usually triscuits, oreos and fruit. :neutral:

No fair. I can't just pick one.

Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate souffle
Cheesecake
Tiramisu
Trifle (in a pinch, lol)
Chocolate eclairs
Tartufo
Hot Fudge sundae
Banana Split
Brownies
Strawberry shortcake
Charlotte Russe
Rice Pudding (comfort dessert)

That's why I rarely keep dessert in the house - usually triscuits, oreos and fruit. :neutral:

tiramisu is my down fall. i love rice pudding as well.

babe:pig::pig::pig:

I have so many that I like, so I would have to go back to my old standard of chocolate
cake with chocolate frosting and a large glass of iced cold milk. second on my list comes
from my favorite chef`s Paula Dean and her recipe of "not yo mama`s banana pudding"
that is so rich but I love. and my favorite purchased dessert would "Pink Champagne Cake".

single most favorite dessert is Sweet Potato Pie with homemade French Vanilla Ice Cream.

but that's just the tip of the iceberg. :LOL:

Do you make them with the choux pastry dough I keep reading posts about? That looks like something I could do. But the filling - is it just straight whipped cream? Can I use the squirt kind? Otherwise, how do I get it in the little puff?

Yes you make them with choux paste. but they're best filled with pastry cream, imho... you can make it chocolate flavored, too... :chef:

Do you make them with the choux pastry dough I keep reading posts about? That looks like something I could do. But the filling - is it just straight whipped cream? Can I use the squirt kind? Otherwise, how do I get it in the little puff?
FM, they are easy to do..I make them then when cool cut them in half..I use heavy cream and whip it rather stiff..It holds better that way and my kids like it that way..I sweeten it with powdered sugar instead of reg sugar then there isn't any grittyness..I've never done a pastry cream though..Many feel that is "the thing" to put in them..I've never had any that was home made just the store bought kind, which is much to sweet for me...So give both a try..Believe me if I can do it so can you:LOL:

kades

;) try sweetening that whipped cream with some seedless raspberry puree! The flavor is rather subtle but unmistakable! then drizzle some chocolate sauce on the top of the cream puff!

OK, Charlie, I'm willing to expand my horizons a little. What are your favorite non-American desserts?

There is an inormous amount of diferent, what we call Tort, it is not anything like an american torts'. To begin with, one of the simplest ones there is the recipe here on the site for Limonik: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f41/limonnik-35086.html

To learn more you have to go to russian store or restaurant. It is nearly impossible to describe. I am in the process of translating some of the recipes into English, but it is time consuming job, and time is something I do not have.

Back
Top Bottom