What is your ultimate dessert? (Multiple choice)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your ultimate dessert? (Multiple Choice)

• Total voters
apple pie

i love warm apple pie served with ice cream and pouring cream....yummm...or butterscotch pudding with golden syrup and ice cream...hmm.....wanna have some tomorow!

i had to mention this new one that we've found. it's a greek dessert called "ickmick". i have no idea how to spell it, being of the greek alphabet.
it's a base, or crust if you will, of toasted shredded wheat (not the cereal, but close), drizzled with honey, then topped with a sweet white custard and slivered almonds. a local greek restaurant starting making it, and dw and i are hooked.
funny thing, the first piece was free, but now the price keeps going up.
where's the queso fresco...

Last edited:
I stay away from sweets as much as possible... but my most favorite is creme brulee with seasonal fresh fruit and a chocolate shard, or infused creme brulee with Chamboard or berries or anything yummy. From here, it goes downhill... I am a sucker for a hot cinnamon roll or hot cherry turnovers!!!! Not really deserts... but a sweet that I just can't say "NO" to. :angel:

buckytom said:
i had to mention this new on that we've found. it's a greek dessert called "ickmick". i have no idea how to spell it, being of the greek alphabet.
it's a base, or crust if you will, of toasted shredded wheat (not the cereal, but close), drizzled with honey, then topped with a sweet white custard and slivered almonds. a local greek restaurant starting making it, and dw and i are hooked.
funny thing, the first piece was free, but now the price keeps going up.
where's the queso fresco...

buckyt.. this sounds wonderful!!!! You think they would give up the recipe??? :ermm:

i tried to ask, but the waitresses are either nasty or clueless in this place. good food tho.
i'll have to try to ask a chef or the owner next time, sattie. i hope they speak english, or even spanish. english is often a second or third language around here.

This greek sweet sounds good I am interested too... maybe we can try Pdswife, she may have some idea!!

buckytom said:
i tried to ask, but the waitresses are either nasty or clueless in this place. good food tho.
i'll have to try to ask a chef or the owner next time, sattie. i hope they speak english, or even spanish. english is often a second or third language around here.

Yea... guess that may pose a problem :ermm:

QSis said:
I got it, Bucky! It's Ekmek Kadaifi!

I googled the ingredients you listed and wa-la! Here's one version - it doesn't use honey, but a sweet syrup. Looks great!

Lee

http://www.recipezaar.com/97615

AWESOME!!!!

thanks qsis. you're the best!!

printing that one out right now. are the people on this forum the best or what?

thanks again, lee.

Yummy! It's a new one for me. I'm going to make it soon though.

So yummy sounding.

Awwww you guys are so nice and so gracious! I now see on another thread that Bucky asked pdswife the same question and a bunch of people came up with emek! LOL!

Terrific bunch of people here!

Lee

I love my pavs with whipped cream and passionfruit curd. Home made honeycomb icecream is a winner too yum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom