What will you bake this weekend???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karaburun

Senior Cook
Hi,

so let´s try something what we do at the chefkoch (chiefcook) each weekend.

It is a nice idea to inspirate other to bake something what they don´t know... :P :P

OK. I will begin....

I bake my Cinnamonroll-cake...

lg Tanja

If unique is what you are looking for here is something I plan to bake this weekend. My entire family including my kids are not big into chocolate so I make this walnut squares which are a replacement for brownies in my house. The best part is that they are easy easy if you have the right ingredients.

Note: Use the same cup to measure everything. I normally use a large coffee cup

2.5 cups of finely ground walnuts
3/4 cup of semolina
1 cup of milk powder
2 sticks of unsalted butter melted
1.5 cups of sugar
A nice pinch of saffron (if you don't have it you can skip it but the flavor it adds is something that cannot be paralleled)
A nice pinch of freshly ground cardamom
5 large eggs beaten

In a large bowl, add walnuts, semolina, milk powder and sugar, saffron and cardamom. Now stir in the butter and eggs. Pour in a large baking dish (pyrex is fine) and bake at 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Close to 30 minutes check them to ensure they don't burn. Continue to bake until a toothpick comes out clean (approx 40 minutes is what it takes)

I like to bake them in a shallower pan so that the mixture cooks all the way. I don't like to make them very fat and deep (hope that makes sense). I have a very large corningware pan that I use to bake these.

Remove and let them cool. Then cut and store them in a cool dry place.
They are so delicious that you can even serve with warm with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla icecream.

Pain au chocolat, breton sable cookies, challah, profiteroles, triple indulgence chocolate cookies.

I had a dinner party for 19. It was very good.

jasonr said:
Pain au chocolat, breton sable cookies, challah, profiteroles, triple indulgence chocolate cookies.

I had a dinner party for 19. It was very good.

My invite must have got lost in the mail. Any leftovers? ;)

Yesterday I´ve baked this one

http://www.discusscooking.com/viewtopic.php?t=9077

chocolatecakeandpiece450.jpg

The cake was delicous, but very, very, very sweet. Our recipes here are not so very much sweet. But very delicous. ;) :P

Back
Top Bottom