What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a desktop computer and two watches that run on batteries. I used to have a Timex you still had to wind. But then my fingers didn't like the Timex. That is the extension of my delving into today's world of modern technology.

No. I have an old phone that is free. I can make calls and text. My son is looking at other companies that now provide smart phones to new members. Hopefully, by the end of the month?

Addie... After 20 years of using a flip phone, my wife and I bought 2 inexpensive ($40 each) AT&T Alcatel Ideal android phones... We are learning how to use them and are pleased to finally do more than 'hello, goodbye'...

The good people here have already solved problems for me... :)

And that is what I have trouble with. Only I want to transfer pics from my phone to my computer, DC in fact. I got as far as plugging in on both ends, and then I was lost. I can be such a dummy at times. :(

I found that my charger cord for my new android phone is also a cord that goes from phone to laptop USB port.. Made transferring pics a snap.. Whoda thunk it?? :ohmy:

No. I have an old phone that is free. I can make calls and text. My son is looking at other companies that now provide smart phones to new members. Hopefully, by the end of the month?
That might be difficult to find. Most of the wireless companies have switched from providing free new phones and upgrades to a different business model where you have to buy a new phone, usually at full retail. Then you also have to buy a data plan. They say it's because people wanted to be able to upgrade more often than every two years. I'm skeptical :ermm:

DH and I both needed new phones in the last year. I bought older discontinued phones on Amazon for around $150 each instead of the $500-700 they were charging for current models at the Verizon store.

That might be difficult to find. Most of the wireless companies have switched from providing free new phones and upgrades to a different business model where you have to buy a new phone, usually at full retail. Then you also have to buy a data plan. They say it's because people wanted to be able to upgrade more often than every two years. I'm skeptical :ermm:

DH and I both needed new phones in the last year. I bought older discontinued phones on Amazon for around $150 each instead of the $500-700 they were charging for current models at the Verizon store.

Virgin (Assurance) is now offering a free android with additional services than just call and unlimited text. But it is only for new members. According to the Federal rules for these companies, they are supposed to allow their members to upgrade their phones to a newer model every year. So since I have been with Assurance for more than two years, I am entitled to a new phone. They don't even offer the phone I presently have. It is one with a slide out Querty Board. So Spike has been doing battle with them for me. If I don't get a favorable response by the end of the month, I will go to another provider and report Assurance to the authorities.

I keep hearing very unfavorable remarks regarding Verizon from so many folks. When Pirate's contract was up, he notified Verizon that he didn't want to renew. The girl in the store started to scream at him and didn't want to release his phone number so he could carry it to another company. He had to threaten her with a promise to report her to the main company.

Virgin (Assurance) is now offering a free android with additional services than just call and unlimited text. But it is only for new members. According to the Federal rules for these companies, they are supposed to allow their members to upgrade their phones to a newer model every year. So since I have been with Assurance for more than two years, I am entitled to a new phone. They don't even offer the phone I presently have. It is one with a slide out Querty Board. So Spike has been doing battle with them for me. If I don't get a favorable response by the end of the month, I will go to another provider and report Assurance to the authorities.

I keep hearing very unfavorable remarks regarding Verizon from so many folks. When Pirate's contract was up, he notified Verizon that he didn't want to renew. The girl in the store started to scream at him and didn't want to release his phone number so he could carry it to another company. He had to threaten her with a promise to report her to the main company.
I've been with Verizon for over 20 years. You can bet if I had ever been treated that way, there would not be a good outcome for them.

I'd like to see those "Federal rules." Verizon stopped offering free upgrades at least two or three years ago. If you buy your own phone, you can upgrade whenever you want, of course.

Last edited:
triple chocolate cake.jpg

triple chocolate cake to share.jpg

I tried a new cake recipe that I mashed together from a coupla different ones...
Triple Chocolate Cake with ganache, toasted coconut & pecans on top.
I made two half sized bundts, one to stay here and one to share.
Now, I'm not a fan of chocolate, but DH and my new neighbors like it.
It's okay I guess, but I think I may have over mixed it a bit.

View attachment 26503

View attachment 26504

I tried a new cake recipe that I mashed together from a coupla different ones...
Triple Chocolate Cake with ganache, toasted coconut & pecans on top.
I made two half sized bundts, one to stay here and one to share.
Now, I'm not a fan of chocolate, but DH and my new neighbors like it.
It's okay I guess, but I think I may have over mixed it a bit.

Those look scrumptious...
Question... What do you mean by "half sized bundts?" I'm looking for a small bundt pan and reduced size recipes to go with the smaller pans...
I've been learning to make cakes with 6" cake pans and enjoy doing so..

Those look scrumptious...
Question... What do you mean by "half sized bundts?" I'm looking for a small bundt pan and reduced size recipes to go with the smaller pans...
I've been learning to make cakes with 6" cake pans and enjoy doing so..

001.JPG
(the red pan is the half sized)

I found these pans a long time ago, can't remember what brand it is, whether it's Nordicware or Wilton, I wanna say Nordicware, but anywhos, I did a WWW search and found this:
Half-Size Bundt Pan
I also saw loads of recipes for half sized bundts.
I simply make a standard cake recipe (that makes a 9x13 or two 9" cakes) and make two smaller cakes.
They freeze beautifully too ;)

View attachment 26505

I found these pans a long time ago, can't remember what brand it is, whether it's Nordicware or Wilton, I wanna say Nordicware, but anywhos, I did a WWW search and found this:
Half-Size Bundt Pan
I simply make a standard cake recipe (that makes a 9x13 or two 9" cakes) and make two smaller cakes.

Wonderful information... Thank you... :)

Make two smaller cakes out of one standard recipe, freeze one... Another duh on me... :ohmy:

This baking is starting to be fun... :yum:

Wonderful information... Thank you... :)

Make two smaller cakes out of one standard recipe, freeze one... Another duh on me... :ohmy:

This baking is starting to be fun... :yum:

Wrap the unfrosted cake well and freeze, you can frost it frozen and it will thaw by the time you want to eat. If you frost before freezing, the frosting gets messed up.

View attachment 26505

Half-Size Bundt Pan

I did have both the half and full size bundt cake pans. I used the full size one ever year to make the Christmas Wreath cake. Then I ordered the miniature bundt cake pan. Six cakes to a pan. Made individual Christmas Wreath cakes for each member of the folks who were going to be present for Christmas Dinner at my daughter's home. A lot of work. Like KGirl stated, there are plenty of recipes out there. When in doubt, go directly to the manufacturer's site. Both Nordic and Wilton have a host of recipes for what you are wanting.

Just cooking: My normal waffle refused to work , but I have a waffle bowl maker, so I used that to make waffle bowls and filled them with ice cream, whipped cream and sauce. It was yummy.

Mine is just a cheap brand, got it for Christmas, doesnt even come with a recipe. I have tried Swedish waffles, waffle cone, Belgian waffle batter and they all work.

Mine is just a cheap brand, got it for Christmas, doesnt even come with a recipe. I have tried Swedish waffles, waffle cone, Belgian waffle batter and they all work.

I had never heard of one but, Google shows some @ places I shop.. Going to get one... I make waffles frequently.. I can think of a few good applications for this..:)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom