What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, the icing was like a caramel sauce and too gloppy as well as overly sweet for our taste anyways. DH and I like a simple, moist cake with more of a glaze than icing. We both agreed, IF I were to make this a again, I'd make it like a bundt cake with a bourbon glaze
(Our window guys were here yesterday, a young man and his helper and I offered them each a slice... one liked it the other did not)

Addie, the icing was like a caramel sauce and too gloppy as well as overly sweet for our taste anyways. DH and I like a simple, moist cake with more of a glaze than icing. We both agreed, IF I were to make this a again, I'd make it like a bundt cake with a bourbon glaze
(Our window guys were here yesterday, a young man and his helper and I offered them each a slice... one liked it the other did not)

I am with you. Overly sweet turns me off. The one frosting(?) I hate is fondant. I just refuse to eat any part of that cake. What ever happened to good ole butter cream frosting? :angel:

Made these a few weeks back and shared with the neighbors
italian buttercream iced cupcakes.jpg
The yellow cake recipe that I have makes three layers,
and that does not fit in my covered cake pedestal,
so I made a dozen cupcakes and two 8 inch rounds,
made up a batch of Chocolate Italian Butter Cream Frosting,
my first time with that recipe and hit it out of the park,
even if I do say so myself :blush:
not too sweet, fluffy yumminess

My kind of gal! Those look absolutely fabulous! Send me one please. Today I am making the Lemon Poppy Seed Cake for the church fair. It calls for a Cream Cheese frosting. Not a sweet frosting at all. I will take a pic and post it.

I have a set of Blue Willow dishes. They are heavy stoneware and I find it hard to put them away or even wash them. So I am going to put the cake on one of the dinner plates and tell them I don't want the dish back. Little by little I am going to get rid of those dang dishes. I want Corelle ones. But as long as I have these ones I can't handle, I don't have the room for any more. :angel:

Hershey's Best Brownies Deluxe

004.JPG 006.JPG

I made Hershey's Best Brownies recipe, but I just couldn't
leave well enough alone.
I'm not a fan of the Creamy Brownie Frosting...
So, rather than mix in nuts and chocolate chips, I sprinkled
them over the top. The chips melted just a bit to make
a gorgeous ooey-gooey bite.
But wait, then I had to gild the lily farther.
I drizzled the tops of the cut pieces of brownies with
Vanilla Candy Melt.
Oh My!!
Umm, they're almost gone, DH LOVES these. :huh::ermm::ohmy::LOL:

My kind of gal! Those look absolutely fabulous! Send me one please. Today I am making the Lemon Poppy Seed Cake for the church fair. It calls for a Cream Cheese frosting. Not a sweet frosting at all. I will take a pic and post it.

I have a set of Blue Willow dishes. They are heavy stoneware and I find it hard to put them away or even wash them. So I am going to put the cake on one of the dinner plates and tell them I don't want the dish back. Little by little I am going to get rid of those dang dishes. I want Corelle ones. But as long as I have these ones I can't handle, I don't have the room for any more. :angel:

Addie, did you make that cake? I'd love to see some photos

View attachment 22339 View attachment 22340

(not the prettiest, but...)

Store bought Puff Pastry
Sliced Apples tossed in Cinnamon and Sugar
bake to GBD (Golden Brown & Delicious)
top with a scoop or two of Ice Cream

Now how easy was that?

I am not one for pretty, delicious first. Then if you want to make pretty, knock yourself out. A quick bite of apple pie! :angel:

K. I just noticed you quest regarding the poppy seed cake. I did make it, but it went to the church for the fair as fast as my scooter would get it there. Otherwise I would have eaten it. I love lemon anything. :angel:

The pumpkin pie recipe looks great!

I think I will make a half batch in two ramekins and freeze the rest of the plain pumpkin for another recipe!

Six servings of anything can be a problem in my house! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The pumpkin pie recipe looks great!

I think I will make a half batch in two ramekins and freeze the rest of the plain pumpkin for another recipe!

Six servings of anything can be a problem in my house! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I make pumpkin soup with chicken broth, sour cream, cumin, S&P. Quite simple for leftover pumpkin. And diabetes friendly.:D

Classic Blueberry Crumb Cake

This is my second year of making this recipe from Martha Stewart.
I only dreamed of making this in Hawaii due to the cost of fresh berries there.

blueberry crumb cake1.jpg

DH has eaten, yet again the entire cake, so I much make another,
it's a good thing that blueberries are even cheaper this year.
(Come on man! Doesn't mine look JUST LIKE MARTHA'S?!)
I'm really happy the way it came out.

This is my second year of making this recipe from Martha Stewart.
I only dreamed of making this in Hawaii due to the cost of fresh berries there.

View attachment 23023

DH has eaten, yet again the entire cake, so I much make another,
it's a good thing that blueberries are even cheaper this year.
(Come on man! Doesn't mine look JUST LIKE MARTHA'S?!)
I'm really happy the way it came out.

Of course it does. In fact it looks even better. She finally realized that there are a lot of home cooks better than her. So this week, she sold her company. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom