"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 08-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #241
Head Chef

Quote:
Is Martha Stewart out of clink yet?
Has been for years.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #242
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
More or less, yes. I was wrong, then, about the names (I get very confused when I listen to various American cooks on Food network)

I sometimes put oats in with the flour when the weather's cold but it's a bit much in summer.

Sad to say, but yes. I personally think she got off too lightly. Considering the position she had previously held, she knew the rules and deliberately violated them for a lousy $10,000 profit. She now has two shows on PBS. Martha's Cooking School and Martha Bakes. I very rarely watch her.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:54 PM   #243
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
AW, but Addie, ya gotta love a real "B" like Martha... it's reported that she's worth over 600 million us dollars ... that's some kinda homemaker boy!
Old 08-05-2016, 07:06 PM   #244
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
More or less, yes. I was wrong, then, about the names (I get very confused when I listen to various American cooks on Food network)

I sometimes put oats in with the flour when the weather's cold but it's a bit much in summer.

Crumbles and crisps are two different kinds of desserts on this side of the pond.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #245
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
AW, but Addie, ya gotta love a real "B" like Martha... it's reported that she's worth over 600 million us dollars ... that's some kinda homemaker boy!
Martha has always been extremely difficult to work for. PBS is her third network to carry her program. The Food Network couldn't wait to get rid of her. The carried her for one short season. You're right. She certainly is a "B". Oh BTW, she no longer owns Omnia Media. She lost complete control of the company. She still owns the magazine though.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #246
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Martha has always been extremely difficult to work for. PBS is her third network to carry her program. The Food Network couldn't wait to get rid of her. The carried her for one short season. You're right. She certainly is a "B". Oh BTW, she no longer owns Omnia Media. She lost complete control of the company. She still owns the magazine though.
Addie seems to know a lot about someone she apparently disdains and supposedly rarely watches.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:46 PM   #247
Head Chef

Click image for larger version

Name:	025.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	25565

Click image for larger version

Name:	024.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	25566

"Impossible Pumpkin Pie" (found all over the internet, I don't need to tell you which recipe I tried...)
ack

DO NOT try this recipe,
it has nice flavor, but terrible texture!
I ate a small sliver to taste this before offering it to humans;
gave the rest to the Landlord's doggies,
they liked it... we all (Mr&Mrs Landlord included) had Ice Cream instead
Old 10-23-2016, 11:28 PM   #248
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What's For Dessert?

Bummer on your pumpkin pie, Kgirl. Check out this one: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/c...rt-recipe.html

Though I'm no baker, I get raves, and use more spices in the filling, so it's probably an 8 ingredient dessert. I also use a grocery store brand gingersnap. The texture is good.

Pumpkin is very good for dogs!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:08 AM   #249
Head Chef

Quote:
Ate it with Bird's custard (a peculiarly British delicacy invented by Mr Bird because his wife was allergic to eggs so couldn't have real custard) Yum!
I know this is an older post, just wanted to comment on "Birds"
It's available in Canada and Germany, at least from the 50's. We used it mostly for the custard part of a Trifle. Boxed puddings were too sweet, although they did have their uses.

Took me years to realize it was giving me a horrid gut ache. LOL and now I don't know whether or not it was the milk or another ingredient. But in either case - have had to cross it off my grocery list. But I do recommend it to anyone else with out allergies, such as milk.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #250
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Bummer on your pumpkin pie, Kgirl. Check out this one: Ginger Pumpkin Tart Recipe : Claire Robinson : Food Network

Though I'm no baker, I get raves, and use more spices in the filling, so it's probably an 8 ingredient dessert. I also use a grocery store brand gingersnap. The texture is good.

Pumpkin is very good for dogs!
yum!
I love pumpkin, alas, DH REALLY dislikes it ... one of the reasons I tried this pie recipe is that I knew that
a) I could share with the upstairs neighbors
and
b) if it was a fail, the upstairs doggies would have a nice treat, even if the humans didn't care for it

Tags
dessert, recipe

What's For Dessert? [ATTACH]22121[/ATTACH] We don't have dessert [I]every night[/I], but when we do, I do it up! I made [URL="https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=98"]Hershey's Best Brownies[/URL], sans the Creamy Frosting this time (DH loves that!) topped with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Hersheys-Peppermint-Sundae-Syrup-Bottle/dp/B008J5G1DI"]Hershey's York Peppermint Sundae Syrup[/URL] MMM! How about you, what did you have? 3 stars 1 reviews