What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ought the first of the English strawberries the other day. Had half of them just as they came out of the punnet on my breakfast cereal and made the second half into a sort of "Eton Mess". I'd forgotten to buy cream so made it with Greek yoghourt and Demerara sugar. Not a bad substitution.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Macadamia Nut Topped Triple Chocolate Brownies :yum:

I ought the first of the English strawberries the other day. Had half of them just as they came out of the punnet on my breakfast cereal and made the second half into a sort of "Eton Mess". I'd forgotten to buy cream so made it with Greek yoghourt and Demerara sugar. Not a bad substitution.

ohh... our strawberry season is finished! :( they're still available but not local.

and that "Eton Mess" sounds yummy!

Are these available mail order? Actually, I can’t actually eat them, too many nuts for my poor dentition, but ooooooh they look good!

:LOL:

I'd be happy to share the recipe if you like and nuts can be omitted, they're delicious naked, well, a scoop of ice cream on top is ONO !!
I melt some Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Wafers and pipe it out from a zip top baggie with a corner snipped.

I'd be happy to share the recipe if you like and nuts can be omitted, they're delicious naked, well, a scoop of ice cream on top is ONO !!
I melt some Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Wafers and pipe it out from a zip top baggie with a corner snipped.
I’d love to have the recipe, thank you so much!

I think leaving the nuts out would be just wrong, but one must do what one must...

Sweet Moses, I just looked at the pics again. Yes, I would love to have this recipe!

JJ, it's an easy peasy recipe from Hershey's

Hershey's Best Brownies

my difference is I use an 8x8 inch pan lined with parchment paper for easy removal and I half the recipe, kinda ...
1/3 C Cocoa, 1/4 tsp salt as well as Baking Powder, every thing else is halved... this is a revised edition from Hershey and I use the original one that is no longer in print. Bake for 33-35 minutes.
Cool completely
Cut the Brownies into bars and seperate them just a little so that the melted chocolate runs over the sides ;)
Follow the directions to melt about 1/4 C of Ghirardelli Melting Wafers; load into a zip top baggie, snip one corner and pipe away
Let the Chocolate set and devour!!

Another version is to pipe some Vanilla Flavored Candy Melts :yum:
tricked out brownies.jpg
I use chopped Pecans and Ghirardelli Bitter Sweet Baking Chips (they're bigger than most) :yum:

Oh wait !!
You could do a variation on Rocky Road Brownies too :ohmy:
003.jpg
004.jpg

I really want to make an Ann Page Spanish Bar Cake, but I don't have the prime ingredient; molasses. I don't have any raisins either, but the molasses is more important. I will get some molasses and some raisins and then I will make one.

Tomorrow’s payday; I worked hard last week, so it’s gonna be a good one! After bills are paid, I’ll still have a bit left over to buy ingredients for this chocolate caramel tart with skyr and blueberries, I found it on Food52 while I was browsing (trolling) for recipes. The skyr intrigued me; apparently it’s the up-and-coming trendy food.

Has anyone heard of it? Eaten it, or used it in a recipe? Is it really that different from Greek yogurt?

Tomorrow’s payday; I worked hard last week, so it’s gonna be a good one! After bills are paid, I’ll still have a bit left over to buy ingredients for this chocolate caramel tart with skyr and blueberries, I found it on Food52 while I was browsing (trolling) for recipes. The skyr intrigued me; apparently it’s the up-and-coming trendy food.

Has anyone heard of it? Eaten it, or used it in a recipe? Is it really that different from Greek yogurt?
I went to a cheese-making class a few years ago. The instructor had skyr available as a drink for us as she was getting everything ready. It was good. It's thinner than Greek yogurt and has a more funky, fermented flavor. I liked it but I haven't used it for anything.

We had Linner, late lunch/early dinner of pasta
kinda heavy
so dessert it was
I made this recipe
I saw it on other social media, bookmarked it for later
and I finally got around to making it

003.jpg

dang it!
I over beat the brownie batter,
and it raised up along the edge of the pan
dang it!
oh well ...

001.jpg

Boy, howdy doody
you best like chocolate with this recipe!
I am not the biggest fan, but this was good,
in small doses...
DH really liked it.
I made a 8x8 pan of this cutie,
I'll probably be able to share with the neighbors :chef:

Kaneohegirlinaz, you make the most beautiful stuff. It would scare me to be your neighbor because I'd be giving you cucumbers and you'd be sharing that immoral piece of bakery. I love it.

Kaneohegirlinaz, you make the most beautiful stuff. It would scare me to be your neighbor because I'd be giving you cucumbers and you'd be sharing that immoral piece of bakery. I love it.

I shared this with DH and roared with laughter!
"Immoral, yeah, that's about right!"
I'm going to take a coupla pieces next door to The Boys, they love chocolate...
Mahalo, thank you Bliss

Back
Top Bottom