What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: Addie, I didn't know that (but I've been part of the walking dead for awhile now, so...)
Funny thing, the blueberries that you buy from California are from the area where my Mother lives, in the San Joaquin valley, "the food basket of the world"...
When I buy the fruits from the farms directly, they're are SOOOOO much better than anything I get in the markets.
She emailed my this afternoon and told me that the berry farm will be done July 4th weekend and it's still questionable if they will open next year due to the drought.
California Peaches may by gone next year as well, no water, so the farms are doing their last pick this past week and "tipping" their trees, aka letting them die and then push them over and burning them... they can't afford to BUY water! I saw this last year, but not much, Mom says it's everywhere this year.
ARGH!!!
I might be making a fast car trip out there to grab a flat.

We don't have dessert very often but we had this recently. I can only find the chocolate dessert cups at one store.

img_1426929_0_7474e0217cc726a31277507f674b6bf2.jpg

I've got one that started as an experiment and turned out great. DW loves it and it's fast and simple.

Cut your favorite kind of apple in half, from top to bottom. Remove the stems, buds, and seed-core. place the apple halves into seperate ramekins, skin-side down. Top each half with a tbs. each of brown sugar and butter. Add 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract to each. Pop the ramekins into a microwave and nuke on highest setting for four minutes. Serve with ice cream, or let cool and serve with whipped cream. If you want, you can sprinkle on a little cinnamon, or nutmeg, but the butterscotch sauce is scrumptious enough that it's great just as is.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

J-E-L-L-O !!

001.jpg

I was trying to think of something different for dessert yesterday and I found a stray box of Fruit Punch Jello in the cupboard. This called for a quick dash to the local market for some Reddi Whip !!
Now come on, when was the last time you had Jello with whipped cream?
:yum:

J-E-L-L-O !!

View attachment 23391

I was trying to think of something different for dessert yesterday and I found a stray box of Fruit Punch Jello in the cupboard. This called for a quick dash to the local market for some Reddi Whip !!
Now come on, when was the last time you had Jello with whipped cream?
:yum:

Last night sugar free black cherry with whipped cream.

Well I held a dinner party yesterday so I have some left over apricot and amaretti icecream that I made. It's a superb recipe (having brandy, custard and cream - along with apricots and crushed amaretti biscuits). :yum:

That cheesecake looks delicious, Steve!

I had 7 M&M's. And, they now melt in your hand. Remember when they use to advertise, "Melts in your mouth, not in your hand." Not true anymore. My hand looked like a rainbow melted in it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom