What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks divine, Steve! :yum: I'm a big fan of coconut and interested in your recipe, too.

Crust is made from???

A coconut flour shortbread crust would be nice.

The crust is made from a combination of almond and coconut flour. I use this recipe (it's also the same recipe I used for the quiche I made last week):
Keto Pie Crust | Ruled Me

Don't pre-bake the crust, though. I made that mistake. The 40 minutes of cooking time with the filling should be sufficient.

For the Filling:
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
2 8-oz pks Philadelphia brand Neufchâtel cheese, softened
1/2 cup coconut milk (you can use the leftover for a curry)
1 cup Swerve brand confectioners style sweetener (or your favorite sugar substitute, to taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

For the Topping:
1.5 cups heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
Sugar substitute, to taste (I use Swerve confectioners style)

Pre-heat oven to 350F

Toast the coconut flakes in a dry pan over medium low heat on the stove top, stirring frequently. Don't let it burn. Set it to the side to cool.

In a food processor, combine half of the toasted coconut flakes, Neufchâtel, coconut milk, sweetener, and vanilla. Process until smooth. Add the eggs and process for a few more seconds, until just combined. Pour the filling into the pie shell.

Bake for 40-45 minutes. The filling will still be jiggly at this point.

Allow to cool completely. Whip the cream with the vanilla and sugar substitute. Top the cheesecake with the whipped cream and scatter the remaining toasted coconut flakes over the top.

Chill for several hours before serving.

Makes 12 servings.

Last edited:
That looks so divine. Chocolate cake is to absolutely die for when made with dark chocolate.

:angel:

Addie, when I was mixing the ingredients also when I pulled the pan from the oven, it actually look pretty gross. But I had never baked with dark chocolate before, I presented it nicely in my domed cake pedestal and topped each serving with Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks, and it was a hit.

008.JPG

I REALLY needed a baked good of some sort yesterday, so I made
Quaker® Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies into bars with Dried Blueberries.

Meh... I subed the raisins for dried blueberries and used the "new recipe" that 's on the boxtop.
This recipe comes out crunchier than I prefer. It was good, but, meh...

oatmeal cookie bars.jpg

I still like the old recipe better.
This recipe has more butter and brown sugar, chewier, MMM!
I mean, COME ON MAN!
Doesn't that look delish?

View attachment 23475

I REALLY needed a baked good of some sort yesterday, so I made
Quaker® Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies into bars with Dried Blueberries.

Meh... I subed the raisins for dried blueberries and used the "new recipe" that 's on the boxtop.
This recipe comes out crunchier than I prefer. It was good, but, meh...

View attachment 23474

I still like the old recipe better.
This recipe has more butter and brown sugar, chewier, MMM!
I mean, COME ON MAN!
Doesn't that look delish?

The extra brown sugar is what made it chewier. :angel:

Walnuts I would eat. But I prefer any other nut. I find walnuts tend to have a bitter taste. Could be I just have strange taste buds. :angel:

If yours are so are mine cause they taste a bit bitter to me too. Walnuts are definitely not my favorite nut, next to last on the list, with hazelnuts being the last.

I have found that the bitter in walnuts is usually from a bit of dark skin. When there are dark bits of skin on walnuts, I scrape those off before using them and that seems to get rid of the bitterness.

You guys should try my "rub off the dark/black skin" trick with walnuts. They are really healthy,

"Walnuts are one of the richest plant-based sources of alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA, a fatty acid that your body can convert into the heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. Walnuts have 9 grams of ALA in every 100-gram serving, while pecans have just 1 gram in the same serving size."

From Walnuts Vs. Pecans Nutrition | LIVESTRONG.COM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom