What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Desert last night was home-made double-chocolate fudgesicles. Take one box of instant chocolate pudding, and use chocolate milk as the liquid instead of white milk. Mix and pour into Popsicle molds and freeze. The experience of eating them is better than with either a Popsicle, or Fudgesicle, as to eat it, you insert as much into your mouth as possible, and draw it out from between your lips. A thin layer of the pudding comes off and cools your mouth with a very rich and indulgent flavor. It has texture as well as flavor.:yum:
To quote a now distant commercial - "Try it. You'll like it."

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Thank you! It's really good. Cooks in 15 minutes in the Instant Pot.

Looking into getting me an Instant Pot. Like I need another toy...

Chief, your fudgesicles sound delish!

Last edited:
Just finished putting together a pan of tiramisu. New recipe that says we can eat after 6 hours. We might try to hold off until tomorrow but might give it a try tonight.

Just finished putting together a pan of tiramisu. New recipe that says we can eat after 6 hours. We might try to hold off until tomorrow but might give it a try tonight.

Good luck on the holdout!

One time when Poo and his wife took me out to dinner, they ordered a tiramisu. It came and looked absolutely delicious. They offered to share it with me. I turned down the offer. They were sharing it and couldn't finish it. There parting words were, "We should've skipped dinner and just had this for our main course." :angel:

I have 4 oz of cream cheese left and one box of Hershey's fudge pudding. I could add some sugar and vanilla to the cream cheese and use it as a base to the chocolate pudding. I just don't want the hassle of making a crust, though. Maybe I can go bohemian and just spread the cream cheese in a dish and then pour the chocolate pudding on top and eat as is?

I can't hold out on anything. I bring home frozen blueberries and eat them frozen. I make cheesecake and eat it hot right out of the oven. I've been known to make a little loaf of bread right alongside the large one because I want to eat it before it cools. *big sigh*

Last edited:
Well our pugs think we should have dessert. While I was putting it together, had to cut some ladyfinger pieces, and they got leftovers. The pug daddy asked if they got the full experience, i.e. espresso, sugar, marsala dip. I asked him if he thought I was crazy, that they'd be bouncing off the walls, that they got plain ladyfinger pieces. There are 3 whole ones left and I have caught both of the pugs standing up and sniffing where they are. So, pugs think daddy and I should have dessert so they can too. We'll see, still full from dinner.

Well, pugs decided Craig and I should have some tiramisu so they could share a ladyfinger. Great recipe but next time I'll use amaretto instead of marsala.

A dessert for non-dessert makers

I have no sweet tooth, don't like dessert. So I stack a row of chocolate chip cookies on a narrow serving dish, utterly drown them in cheap, dry sherry, plaster them with whipped cream, then arrange a can's-worth of mandarin orange slices around the sides.

Sneer all you like, but you will be back for seconds.

I have no sweet tooth, don't like dessert. So I stack a row of chocolate chip cookies on a narrow serving dish, utterly drown them in cheap, dry sherry, plaster them with whipped cream, then arrange a can's-worth of mandarin orange slices around the sides.

Sneer all you like, but you will be back for seconds.

I'm not that crazy about dry sherry served that way, but I think it would be delicious with amaretto or Godiva chocolate liqueur.

Just got done putting together Martha Stewart's ricotta and chocolate ice box pie. You put the ricotta in the food processor and process until smooth, then add warm melted chocolate, after which you fold in whipped cream. I've always disliked ricotta cheesecakes but apparently it is a texture thing because I couldn't stop licking the bowl and spatula. Craig only got 1 lick. I was greedy! It has to set up for minimum of 6 hours though so will have to wait until tomorrow. :-(

I need to get off my butt and into the kitchen. I love making desserts. I have been in such a lazy mood and can't seem to get out of it. :angel:

Desert for tonight, based on work done last night. Took 3 lbs. Ranier cherries, and cut in halves. Removed pits. Combined 3 cups of water with 6 cups sugar. Brought sugar/water mixture to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Put cherries into my largest mason jar, then filled with the syrup. Let sit overnight, and until 8 p.m. this evening. Put s1/8 cup cherries into a bowl. Cut banana into quarters, lengthwise, then sliced. Add a handful of fresh, wild blueberries, and cover with a single serving of blueberry yogurt. Stir to coat. Enjoy. It's yummy and refreshing.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

37240-albums1042-picture6602.jpg

Martha's ricotta chocolate ice box pie. I was trying to use up some excess ricotta that was leftover from a recipe so I didn't have enough for a full recipe (or enough chocolate given that I forgot to check the amount needed before we went shopping) but I did have enough for a 1/2 recipe. So, used a 6 or 7 inch springform, that piece is 1/6 of the pan. Told Craig I should have cut it in eighths. Really rich, smooth, creamy and you'd never know it was ricotta since that texture is just not there after whizzing it in the food processor.

37240-albums1042-picture6602.jpg

Martha's ricotta chocolate ice box pie. I was trying to use up some excess ricotta that was leftover from a recipe so I didn't have enough for a full recipe (or enough chocolate given that I forgot to check the amount needed before we went shopping) but I did have enough for a 1/2 recipe. So, used a 6 or 7 inch springform, that piece is 1/6 of the pan. Told Craig I should have cut it in eighths. Really rich, smooth, creamy and you'd never know it was ricotta since that texture is just not there after whizzing it in the food processor.

Oh My (in my best George Takei voice)

I found the recipe/video and I am SO making this once I have all of my kitchen toys!
Video: Chocolate-Ricotta Icebox Cake | Martha Stewart

It starts to melt really fast if it's not really cool in the house, so be warned. I took it out, unmolded it partially and then started grating the chocolate for the top. Should have grated the chocolate on some wax paper for distribution before I took it out because it was getting really soft (obviously) by the time I was done with the chocolate.

Mostly fresh fruit - got a bargain in the greengrocers today - two very large punnets of strawberries for £2. Very nobly I will be eating them with homemade natural yoghourt (actually not so noble - I forgot to buy cream!)

While sorting out the chaos which was my chest freezer last week I found some peaches that I'd frozen last summer. They became a peach crumble ("crisp" in American?) and very good it was too. Ate it with Bird's custard (a peculiarly British delicacy invented by Mr Bird because his wife was allergic to eggs so couldn't have real custard) Yum!

Mostly fresh fruit - got a bargain in the greengrocers today - two very large punnets of strawberries for £2. Very nobly I will be eating them with homemade natural yoghourt (actually not so noble - I forgot to buy cream!)

While sorting out the chaos which was my chest freezer last week I found some peaches that I'd frozen last summer. They became a peach crumble ("crisp" in American?) and very good it was too. Ate it with Bird's custard (a peculiarly British delicacy invented by Mr Bird because his wife was allergic to eggs so couldn't have real custard) Yum!

Peach Crumble Recipe & Video | Martha Stewart

MC, this is what you made?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom