"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 09-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #51
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Norgeskog's post reminded me of the candy I like the best, and I don't like candy all that much:

the candy the grade school/high school band kids sell during their fundraisers. Basically chocolate bars, and sometimes just bigger versions of the standard fare - but for some reason they taste better when you get 'em from a band kid.
Wasn't that made by See's. I remember buying it a few times to help the neighbor kids.
I'm pretty sure our fund-raiser candy bars (in CA) were made by See's. The ones sold here are made by America's Finest Chocolate (I think part of Reader's Digest). Not as good as See's, but still good.

:) Barbara
By any chance, do you the "World's Finest Chocolate" ? I used to sell that stuff when I was a kid in Band. The bars, with almonds, were good, chocolate-covered almonds were good, but what was killer were the Mint Chocolate squares. About half a cubic centimeter of mint chocolate, with a little dark chocolate poured over the top.

One year, I actually reached second place in sales, and won the 5 lb bar of chocolate. I never really could eat the stuff after that thing (and I didn't get to eat much of it, either!).

Personally, I like gummi worms and bears, sour gummi worms, and since we're coming up on Halloween, candy corn, and a few other seasonal treats. I also have a taste for homemade fudge, but don't normally make much myself.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:22 PM   #52
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Norgeskog's post reminded me of the candy I like the best, and I don't like candy all that much:

the candy the grade school/high school band kids sell during their fundraisers. Basically chocolate bars, and sometimes just bigger versions of the standard fare - but for some reason they taste better when you get 'em from a band kid.
Wasn't that made by See's. I remember buying it a few times to help the neighbor kids.
I'm pretty sure our fund-raiser candy bars (in CA) were made by See's. The ones sold here are made by America's Finest Chocolate (I think part of Reader's Digest). Not as good as See's, but still good.

By any chance, do you the "World's Finest Chocolate" ? I used to sell that stuff when I was a kid in Band. The bars, with almonds, were good, chocolate-covered almonds were good, but what was killer were the Mint Chocolate squares. About half a cubic centimeter of mint chocolate, with a little dark chocolate poured over the top.

One year, I actually reached second place in sales, and won the 5 lb bar of chocolate. I never really could eat the stuff after that thing (and I didn't get to eat much of it, either!).

Personally, I like gummi worms and bears, sour gummi worms, and since we're coming up on Halloween, candy corn, and a few other seasonal treats. I also have a taste for homemade fudge, but don't normally make much myself.
I'm not sure what you're asking (I think you left a word or two out), but the kids here sell World's Finest Chocolate bars. I don't think I've seen the mints, but they sure sound good!

Old 10-05-2004, 06:21 PM   #53

I also love those "Lifesavers-N-Cream".. I think that's what they're called. My favorite is the strawberry.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:26 PM   #54

lol@lifesavers-n-cream.. they are called Creamsavers..

blonde moment setting in again.

Tags
None