Almond Cheesecake Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DessertsByMemaw

Washing Up
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
FILLING:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten

FROSTING:
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon almond extract
4 to 5 teaspoons milk

Directions

Mix together the flour, butter and confectioners' sugar; smash into the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until golden brown.

For filling, in a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and extract until consistent. Throw in eggs; mix slowly until just combined. Pour over crust. Bake until center is almost set.On a wire rack you should set to cool.

Mix the frosting ingredients until consistent; spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yummy! Enjoy my friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, you had me at cheesecake, but I have to say these are NOT low fat. 1.25 cups of butter and 8oz of cream cheese in a 13x9 inch pan. I did a nutritional breakdown of this based on 24 servings in that pan size.

Calories 259.4
spacer.gif
Total Fat 13.7 g
spacer.gif
Saturated Fat 8.5 g
spacer.gif
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.6 g
spacer.gif
Monounsaturated Fat 3.7 g
spacer.gif
Cholesterol 52.1 mg

OK, you had me at cheesecake, but I have to say these are NOT low fat. 1.25 cups of butter and 8oz of cream cheese in a 13x9 inch pan. I did a nutritional breakdown of this based on 24 servings in that pan size.

Calories 259.4
spacer.gif
Total Fat 13.7 g
spacer.gif
Saturated Fat 8.5 g
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Cholesterol 52.1 mg

Yes but you must have passed up the margarine and anyone would obviously use low fat cream cheese.And I do not think you should eat the whole pan at once

Nope, I took the recipe as written. If you title something "low fat" I'm going to assume you've made the necessary alterations already. Even a lower fat cream cheese wouldn't alter the final product by that much, and margarine is still "fat" albeit a vegetable variety over animal fat. That would just alter the amount of saturated fat not the overall fat content.

Don't get me wrong, the recipe sounds delicious, (and I've already filed it away for trial later!) just not low fat. I'd hate for someone with some dietary restrictions who is maybe just starting out on their cooking journey to mistake this for a healthy alternative because of the title.

259 calories and 13g of fat for a 2x2 inch square of cheesecake bar is too much for a lot of people. That's about 1/8 of my daily caloric intake.

Still gonna make it though! Just going to feed it to kids at work. LOL!

I was thinking the same thing when I read the recipe Alix. I also agree that it sounds very good, and I am planning to try it as well. :yum:

These are not Low-Calorie, Low-Carb OR Low-Fat, but they do sound good. Thanks to Alix for figuring out what the per serving numbers are.

Thank you for the breakdown Alix :)

Calories 259.4
spacer.gif
Total Fat 13.7 g
spacer.gif
Saturated Fat 8.5 g
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Cholesterol 52.1 mg

Latest posts