Bakechef's Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this should be fairly easy, it doesn't sound harder than the box kind. I never knew brownies were so easy.

I normally do cold desserts, they are pretty hard to mess up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this should be fairly easy, it doesn't sound harder than the box kind. I never knew brownies were so easy.

I normally do cold desserts, they are pretty hard to mess up!

They are very easy. Mix up all of the wet, add the dry and mix with a spoon!

They are done when they are crackled on top and start to pull away from the pan. I have a blog post about them too!

Brownies are one of my daughters favorite desserts. I think I will make them when she come back from Florida. After I make her pineapple upside down cake. Her ultimate favorite. Or maybe a custard pie. Or an apple pie. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Or even some fresh pasta for her family. I just found out that Kitchen Aid makes a fresh pasta thingy that pushes out different shapes. Oh dear, I see another attachement in my future. :angel:

The brownies and the peanut butter puppy poppers turned out great. I like leaving my desserts in the pan and just slicing off what I want and since I didn't use parchment paper or sprayed the pan they are sticking a bit.

Addie, I love love love pineapple upside down cake.

I just got the largest kitchen aide mixer off of Craigslist the other week because of making my own dog treats. I am also in a thing called "power of vitality" through my company and we earn points of taking care of ourselves. I got the meat grinder attachment and I am thinking about the pasta attachment. Heck, even if I only use it once a year I can't complain since all the attachments are free for me.

Glad you liked them! I like using the parchment to get them out and cutting them pretty. I also have coated, non-stick pans so I don't want to cut them up. Lots of people like cutting them right out of the pan that works too!

I think I am going have to make these soon, as there is so much talk around the forum of brownies right now, that I am getting cravings of the brownie variety :LOL:

I used a Corningware pan. I can't get myself to use parchment paper for some reason. I have it but I don't like using it.

Kylie, make'm they are really good.

I shared a large piece with 3 guys at work and my Lead said he likes his more chocolately, the other guy said I did good considering I am a drunk baker (yes, I decided to have a few beers on Saturday) and the baker in our group said I did okay but couldn't tell me what I should have done differently!

I used a Corningware pan. I can't get myself to use parchment paper for some reason. I have it but I don't like using it.

I shared a large piece with 3 guys at work and my Lead said he likes his more chocolately, the other guy said I did good considering I am a drunk baker (yes, I decided to have a few beers on Saturday) and the baker in our group said I did okay but couldn't tell me what I should have done differently!

I have a recipe for Man-Catcher Brownies that is out of this world chocolaty! It starts with melting 2 sticks of butter and adding 2 cups of cocoa powder. I'll dig it up and post it separately.

I think it is a just conspiracy to get you to keep practicing and sharing! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I like using Penzy's cocoa in these brownies, it is a bit darker.

You could also try Hershey's Special Dark cocoa for a more intense dark chocolate flavor.

I like using Penzy's cocoa in these brownies, it is a bit darker.

You could also try Hershey's Special Dark cocoa for a more intense dark chocolate flavor.

The recipe on the back of the Regular Hershey's Cocoa is to die for. Then I made the same cake with the Special Dark. It took me days to get over eating just one slice. I felt like I had stuck my mouth under one of those chocolate fountains. Spike took the rest of the cake home before I could get a second slice or even eat the whole thing myself. I will never make that cake again using the regular cocoa. :angel:

Another vote for Hershey's special Dark cocoa!

I am a big fan of walnuts in brownies. I was taught to sprinkle the roughly broken walnuts on top of the batter prior to popping it into the oven. This allows the walnuts to toast while the brownies are baking.

Remember a double batch is not any more work to make than a single batch.

Make it in two 8x8 pans, hide one and share one!

I won't tell! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
The recipe on the back of the Regular Hershey's Cocoa is to die for. Then I made the same cake with the Special Dark. It took me days to get over eating just one slice. I felt like I had stuck my mouth under one of those chocolate fountains. Spike took the rest of the cake home before I could get a second slice or even eat the whole thing myself. I will never make that cake again using the regular cocoa. :angel:

That's the recipe that I used to make the cake this weekend in the "what are you baking today thread". I used regular penzys cocoa in it though. It's such a fantastic cake recipe!

I'd love that recipe, Garlic. Since I'm the only girl in my dept I'm called the crew mom and certain things are expected from me like feeding the kids.

Aunt Bea, you nailed it :)

My birthday is next week and expect a cake FROM me.

I have alway told my kids if you want the best recipe, then go to the folks who make the product. They have a test kitchen and you can bet they only publish the very best recipe. What makes that cake so great is the boiling water. It makes the chocolate flavor bloom to its very height of taste. :angel:

I didn't forget about this thread but I'm having a hard time getting online to play. Between working OT and working with the puppy and tending to Penny's issues, my time is just so very limited.

I didn't forget about this thread but I'm having a hard time getting online to play. Between working OT and working with the puppy and tending to Penny's issues, my time is just so very limited.

That is quite all right. We are quite willing to take second place to any pet that needs attention. We all understand. Give them a hug from all of us :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom