"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Brownies & Dessert Bars
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Great to hear they worked out, can imagine how lovely they tasted with mint
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #22
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,487
Wonderful!!

PSST did I miss where the powdered sugar is used?
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #23
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Wonderful!!

PSST did I miss where the powdered sugar is used?
It wouldn't be my recipe if there wasn't a detail left out!

You can use that to sprinkle over the brownies, as my mother would say "to gild the lily"!
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
It wouldn't be my recipe if there wasn't a detail left out!

You can use that to sprinkle over the brownies, as my mother would say "to gild the lily"!
Cool someone else like me! LOL I proof read and proof read and STILL leave something out.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #25
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Great to hear they worked out, can imagine how lovely they tasted with mint
Thanks Kylie :) They were good but the brownie recipe was good to start with!
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 AM   #26
Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gauteng
Posts: 57
They look totally yummy! Pity I'm diabetic. Chocolate is my favourite food group (or used to be - diabetic chocolate just isn't the same).
__________________
Kate
Blue Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #27
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Butterfly View Post
They look totally yummy! Pity I'm diabetic. Chocolate is my favourite food group (or used to be - diabetic chocolate just isn't the same).
Dark Chocolate >50% is a diabetics best friend, all the chocolate and low in sugar. One - two ounces a day is good for you and won't mess with your blood sugars.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #28
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Dark Chocolate >50% is a diabetics best friend, all the chocolate and low in sugar. One - two ounces a day is good for you and won't mess with your blood sugars.
Trader Joe's has 85% dark choco that is wonderful. I am type 2 and don't have a problem eating it. My A1C is never above 6.1 (this last one was 6.1 and may have been higher because of all the stress and related issues due to Sandy) and usually 5.9 (the 4 previous to the 6.1 have been 5.9).
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #29
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Trader Joe's has 85% dark choco that is wonderful. I am type 2 and don't have a problem eating it. My A1C is never above 6.1 (this last one was 6.1 and may have been higher because of all the stress and related issues due to Sandy) and usually 5.9 (the 4 previous to the 6.1 have been 5.9).
Excellent control MsM! My Dad eats Baker's Unsweetened...I can't quite do that.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #30
Executive Chef
 
Whiskadoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Twin Cities Mn
Posts: 2,953
I keep avoiding this thread. I accidentally-on-purpose read the recipe. I just Knew it would look good based on your other baking projects here and in your blog. Bookmarking it is calorie free.

Pfft what am I saying. I just printed it and set it on the kitchen counter. I have all day saturday ahead of me and need to keep my strength up.
__________________

__________________
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.