Baking mess up...need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
Yeah - grumblebee did leave out a couple of key items; temp and size of pan.

I would have gone with 350ºF and a 9x13 inch pan. But an 8x8 should have worked - although it might take a little longer to bake because it would be thicker.

The recipe did specify that you don't mix it all together and dump it into a pan ... you put half the cake batter on the botton, top with the filling, then top with the other half of the cake batter.

AND ... the last of the instructions say:

grumblebee said:
Then bake in an oven for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow them to cool completely in the oven.

Obviously - allowing it to cool in the oven is actually part of the cooking time.

Maybe grumblebee will see this and fill in the blanks!

Last edited:
Yeah - grumblebee did leave out a couple of key items; temp and size of pan.

I would have gone with 350ºF and a 9x13 inch pan. But an 8x8 should have worked - although it might take a little longer to bake because it would be thicker.

The recipe did specify that you don't mix it all together and dump it into a pan ... you put half the cake batter on the botton, top with the filling, then top with the other half of the cake batter.

AND ... the last of the instructions say:

Obviously - allowing it to cool in the oven is actually part of the cooking time.

Maybe grumblebee will see this and fill in the blanks!

I did layer it correctly. But there is so much batter that it's baking over the 8x8 pan. I ended up baking it 15 minutes longer and that seems to have worked. It's cooling now, I'll let you know how it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom