Chocolate Brownie Recipe:
Bittersweet chocolate 70% cacao 6.5 oz
Eggs 6 oz
Sugar 13-14 oz
Vanilla .25 oz
Bread Flour 5 oz
Kalua Liquor (optional) 1.25 oz
1) Melt the Bittersweet Chocolate and Butter together in a double boiler(see terms). Once the butter and chocolate come together take it off the heat and let cool to room temperature or at least below 90 degrees F.
2) In a bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla with a whip. Only mix until all the ingredients are combined. Do not overwhip as that will create air in the mix and will make the brownies more crumbly.
3) At this point you will pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and mix until the two mixtures become one.
4) Next, sift the flour and fold it into the chocolate mixture. (you can also add nuts but is not required)
1) Grease a 6x9 inch baking dish with butter(just use a stick of butter and run it around the surface and up the sides). Then "lightly" dust the surface with flour(very lightly, You can even avoid this step if you want).
2) Bake at 325 Degrees F for about 35-45 minutes. Take a butter knife and put it in the center when you think it is done to check it...if the knife comes out mostly clean or with "baked" brownie on it it is ready to take out. If the knife is stil bringing up goo then leave it in longer.
3) Once out of the oven let the brownies cool for a while and then cut it up and dig in!
* You can also multiply this recipe to make larger batches. Just remember when picking the size of baking pan that you want these brownies to be thick. If they are too thin they won't turn out well.
* you can also try adding flavorings to this brownie mix. I like to add coffee extract or Liqueur(just a small amount) and it can make a big difference. Kalua is my favorite!!!
These are a must try for chocolate lovers out there...