Blonde Brownie Problems
I am new on this site, but am hoping I can get some answers to a long standing problem I have with my blonde brownie recipe. My aunt gave me this recipe, her blonde brownies are devine. For the last 20 years I have tried everything to get mine to turn out like hers, but they just don't! The baking time is 20-25 minutes, and after 20 they are not done, at 25 minutes I usually pull them out, but then they are SO gooey, almost not baked liked and they fall down so they are so flat in the middle, but crispy edges. Any suggestions? Here is the recipe:
1. Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well.
2. Cool slightly and add 1 slightly beaten egg and 1 tsp. vanilla. Blend
3. Add flour mixture: 1 cup flour, 1/2 teasp. baking powder, 1/8 teasp soda, 1/2 teason salt. Blend
4. Pour in 8x 8 pan, sprinkle with choc chips.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
So that is what I do! Any ideas on why they always turn out to a pile of mush?