Blondies 2 (Alix's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
3/4 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 (generous) tsp vanilla
1 cup either nuts or chips

Melt butter and add sugar, set aside to cool a bit. When cool add the egg and vanilla and blend well, then sift flour and soda in and stir til well blended. Finally, stir in either nuts or chips (or omit if you wish)

Bake at 325 in a 9x9 pan for about 30 - 40 minutes.

Last edited:
WOW Alix......

I hardly ever bake because nothing turns out the way I like. These Blondies are a home run!! I added a pinch of salt, and chopped walnuts. They are not gooey (hate that), but just nice and moist. I love reports on my recipes, so thought you would too. Thanks so much Alix!!:chef:

Hey Alix, I should make these tonight to go with the brownies I was "forced" to make last night! Seriously, this looks good!

Kayelle, I'm glad you liked them! I don't like them gooey either. I never add salt because I use salted butter so I'm covered there.

LPBeier, heh heh heh! Better wait til the brownies are gone or you will risk a sugar coma!

Got some of these in the oven right now. I put a shot of maple in them. I'll let you know how they taste.

Got some of these in the oven right now. I put a shot of maple in them. I'll let you know how they taste.

Oh geeze, there ya go Alix, now I have to make more to try the maple! I love maple! Hey, have you ever tried frosting them? I bet a maple frosting would be to die for!!

OH MY GOSH! The maple flavor is to DIE for!!!!

Maple frosting? Hmmmm...these don't usually last long enough to frost, but I bet that would be amazing. Got a recipe? Or just butter icing with maple flavoring?

So Alix, did you use maple extract or maple syrup to the recipe, and how much? Did you eliminate the Vanilla? I think I'll do a simple butter frosting with some real maple syrup I've been hoarding, then again, maybe extract would be better? As you can tell, I'm no baker.

Last edited:
I did maple extract (Watkins) and used it instead of vanilla. I splooshed, so I'd guess about 2 tsps worth?

And I think I'd stick with the maple extract as its condensed. You'd have to adjust your sugar amounts if you used maple syrup I think.

And in case anyone is wondering, these are lovely with a cup of tea. Or coffee...for breakfast. LOL!!

*clink* Cheers my friend! I've got some Costa Rican coffee and my second blondie going on. Happy Sunday!

*clink* Happy Sunday!

Now, I have to resume the search for my camera cable, so I can share pictures.

Made these today, turned out great , I had a few peanut butter flavored chips left in a pkg so I did 1/2 peanut butter chips and 1/2 choco chips . they aren't going to last long thanks alix

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom