"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Brownies & Dessert Bars

Old 05-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #31
Assistant Cook

Thanks everyone.

Here is how it turned it once I used my silicone tray and I put it in the freezer for 20mins just to make it firm so I could cut it a bit better. I only got a picture of a small one as they rest have all gone!

cant upload photos at the minute will get up soon!

Old 05-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #32
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchewone View Post
I'll try turning it down and cooking a bit longer. Our oven has a fan I've heard it can cook quicker than a normal oven.

Sorry this is how I mix it,

Melt butter and chocolate,
Whilst melting, mix sugar cocoa and eggs to get a thick goo, add melted chocolate and butter, mix then add flour until thick then add to pan.

I am currently using a silicone tray will this affect how it cooks? I place it on top of a flat baking tray and place into oven.

Would a metal pan cook better?
I sell brownies and ship them all over. I have tried silicone pans and for brownies, they dont seem to work great. I use a metal 13x9 pan and normally I go with baking powder instead of melting chocolate. When I do melt it, I use a 9x9 pan b/c they seem to be a lot richer/denser.
I whisk my dry stuff together, then I add my eggs(2 usually) then I add boiling water(but have to temper the eggs so you dont get the scramble eggs) and it gets pretty thick then add the flour.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #33
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaN80

I sell brownies and ship them all over. I have tried silicone pans and for brownies, they dont seem to work great. I use a metal 13x9 pan and normally I go with baking powder instead of melting chocolate. When I do melt it, I use a 9x9 pan b/c they seem to be a lot richer/denser.
I whisk my dry stuff together, then I add my eggs(2 usually) then I add boiling water(but have to temper the eggs so you dont get the scramble eggs) and it gets pretty thick then add the flour.
Would you mind PM me a simple recipe of yours with how you mix it if that's ok. I'd like to see how it compares to what I'm doing.

I'll upload a pic soon of my brownies.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #34
Assistant Cook

I have attached a quick pic of the what my brownies look like.

Any tips on how to get them relatively level? At the minute the outside is high and nice and the middle is thin and a bit more moist/gooey.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1499643403.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	10996  
Old 06-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #35
Assistant Cook

But how do you get brownies to not stick to the pan?

I've tried EVERYTHING from just oil to oil and flour to a pan release recipe and the one thing I can't get to unmold is brownies. Any tips out there please?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #36
Head Chef

I sometimes line my pan with foil and then spray the foil with cooking spray or oil the foil. Then when the brownies are done and cooled a bit I lift the whole batch out of the pan using the foil as a handle. (Use a little more foil than you actually need to line the pan. The brownies come right out and the foil just peels off.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #37
Head Chef

If you want those brownies level you might try using an insulated cake pan.

Tags
other