Brownies are too soft.....like cake.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Inamorata

Assistant Cook
Ok, when my mom:chef: brings home brownies her and/or a co-worker make for me at her job:chef:, they taste yummy and just like a brownie, but there soft, like cake, which is ok i guess, but reg. non-cake-like brownies are what i love!! =D:ROFLMAO: :-p

And i THINK it's becuase there putting too much milk and/or oil/eggs in it or that there not letting it cook long enough.
But i'm not sure......so if anyone knows how to make it to where the brownies are like the traditional kind of browners.......not cake-like -- less-moist, lol.......then please let me know!! So i can tell them.......i haven't had the chance to make them myself to test my theory lol :LOL:

See ya! :rolleyes:
-Izanami N.-

Please post your recipe so that all of the ingredients can be evaluated. How much and what types of leavening are they putting into the mix? Are they using baking powder and/or baking soda? Are they whipping the eggs and/or butter before mixing in the dry ingredients? These will all influence the final texture of the brownies. It could be ingredients and it could be technique.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly from the back of the Duncan Hines Brownie mix, you add one less egg to getg teh chewy brownies instead of the cake like borwnies. But that weas years ago and my memory could be faulty. Heck, it's usually faulty!

Ah so it could be the eggs!??.....lol @ "and my memory could be faulty. Heck, it's usually faulty!"

Um:ermm: Aurora, it's just brownies lolz....you know, the betty crocker mix......where you just add eggs, water, oil and i think milk maybe!? lol:-p So i can't answer all those specific questions, srry! :)

But you know i've been do some searching via google, and i finally found a page that said it might be the water/not letting it cook long enough! XD Yay! so i'll tell my mum:chef: that, and the egg thing, see what she thinks, and hopefully they'll come out better next time! Thanks for the responses though..... :ROFLMAO: :) :) :rolleyes:

-Izanami-

sorry, can't help you out! I've made brownies all my life, but never from a mix. They're so easy, I've never understood why anyone uses a mix. :ermm:

ChefJune said:
sorry, can't help you out! I've made brownies all my life, but never from a mix. They're so easy, I've never understood why anyone uses a mix. :ermm:

Ha ha! I thought the exact same thing!!

Until I used a mix. :LOL:

Lmao Zhlake:LOL:

Oh, and ChefJune i know its not really too hard to make brownies without using the mix, but currently, money wise, it's alot cheaper for us to only buy the mix for $1.20 @ wally world(wal-mart! lol) and get the few other small items that are required for you to mix in from my mums job, for free. :rolleyes: :-p :LOL:

But yea, my mum agreed with me on the water thing and said next time they will just do the tooth pick thing to be safe! =P

See yaaaaa!!

-IzAnAmI-
:) :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom