Butterscotch Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chocoholic

Senior Cook
I doubled this recipe in a 13x9 inch pan, and it was delicious :-p Even though it was really rich, my chocolate-loving mom wants me to make it again with chocolate chips instead of butterscotch!

Butterscotch Brownies

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1 cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch baking pan. Whisk together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
Place the butter and butterscotch chips in a microwavable bowl and microwave until partially melted. Remove from microwave and stir to melt. The mixture will separate, but it will eventually reincorporate.
Stir the brown sugar into the butterscotch mixture until smooth. Beat in the eggs at medium speed. Beat in the cocoa powder gradually and beat for 2 more minutes.
Stir in the flour with a spoon (do not beat). Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean with a few crumbs attached.
Let cool for 10 minutes and eat hot, or wait 30 minutes and eat warm.

They are just like chocolate chips, except butterscotch-colored and flavored. Maybe you don't have any in Australia?

The chocolate chips with this recipe are delicious--and I think would really be better. This is an interesting recipe also with the addition of the cocoa powder.
On another note about butterscotch brownies, Toll House cookie dough makes wonderful bar cookies/brownies cooked in a pan instead of as a drop cookie.

Little Miss J said:
No - we don't have them. Would white chocolate and butterscotch flavouring work?

Well, I have no idea. I haven't cooked with butterscotch much. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will come along and answer that. :)

Back
Top Bottom