Calling all lemon lovers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would you be so mean to us and post this? You know all of us want to leave the computer right now and go make them. And to think I just bought two lemons with no idea what I was going to use them for. :angel:
Addie, if you make them, let us know if they are are as yummy as they sound. I "almost" went out to get lemons yesterday but with the driveway drifted in, and the snow falling, cold winds blowing, I decided I really didn't need to make them last night. I'm waiting for Alix to say she's tried them!

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha!!!! I read as far as your link the first time and no further. They're in the oven right now! I'll tell you how they are in about a half hour. I added a tsp of baking powder though.

Alix, please let us know how you liked this recipe! I'm thinking of making a batch to take to my writing class next week and would love to hear how they turned out :)

Fast, easy and delicious! These are going in the keeper file. Bugs BF loved them, had three helpings! I took pictures but I have to send them from phone to comp...not sure how to post directly from my phone. I didn't have quite enough lemon zest so I added some orange zest and we liked the result.

Fast, easy and delicious! These are going in the keeper file. Bugs BF loved them, had three helpings! I took pictures but I have to send them from phone to comp...not sure how to post directly from my phone. I didn't have quite enough lemon zest so I added some orange zest and we liked the result.

Alix, how many lemons did you need to get almost 5 Tb of zest?

+1 What is the texture like? BTW, I figured you'd be up to giving the recipe a trial run so that it can now be a TNT recipe!

Alix, look into Dropbox www.dropbox.com. it syncs files between your phone and computer automatically. I love it :)

GG, I have dropbox! I didn't think it would allow me to post a picture, just a link to a picture that way. I'll look into that.

Andy - 3 big lemons and some of an orange.

CWS - texture is nice and chewy like a brownie. Not the fudgy type of brownie that is sort of goopy in the middle, but like an undercooked cake brownie. Does that make sense to you?

Also, that is WAY too much glaze for the 9x9 pan. I'd do half next time.

Alix, I had to add a utility to my tablet to get it to download the Dropbox files to it, but not my phone. I posted in the support forum about it and Frank helped me.

I'm drooling here. One question, Alix ---- why did you add the baking powder? I know there was no leavening in the recipe, but I wonder how the brownies would turn out without it? Has anyone tried this recipe as written??

GG, I have dropbox! I didn't think it would allow me to post a picture, just a link to a picture that way. I'll look into that.

Andy - 3 big lemons and some of an orange.

CWS - texture is nice and chewy like a brownie. Not the fudgy type of brownie that is sort of goopy in the middle, but like an undercooked cake brownie. Does that make sense to you?

Also, that is WAY too much glaze for the 9x9 pan. I'd do half next time.

When I have a recipe that calls only for the juice of a citrus, I remove the zest and place in the freezer. The juice goes into the recipe. If the recipe calls for only zest, I save the juice and that goes into the freezer. Right now I have more than eight ounces of juice and four of zest. To rehydrate the zest, I place the amount called for in the recipe in about 1/8 cup of hot water. What little juice is left, goes into the recipe. I also keep a four ounce can of frozen lemon and orange juice in my freezer in the event I don't have an orange or lemon on hand. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom