Chocolate chip cookie mooncakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
In a couple of weeks China will celebrate the mid autumn festival. One of the traditional foods is something called a moon cake. It is round, usually 2-2.5" in diameter and about an inch thick. The mooncake is filled with a variety of substances, ranging from red bean paste to a mixture of nuts and seeds. The closest thing I can think of to a moon cake is a fix newton. The fillingis very similar - chewy and a little sweet. The "cake" part of the moon cake seems to be a very simple recipe, even though I have never seen the recipe. I would like to make a chocolate chip cookie mooncake. I have tried using the regular choco chip recipe - Nestles Tollhouse - but the butter in the recipe makes the cookies cook down too flat. Any ideas on how to get around this? The mooncake is put into a press before it is cooked that stamps a design on the top and bottom.

Make sure you dough is very cold before you put them in the oven. Place each tray in the freezer for about ten minutes. Then bake. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom