Chocolate dessert to bring to open house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elemom

Assistant Cook
We're going to a holiday open house at a friend's home next weekend. I offered to bring a dessert, and OF COURSE IT HAS TO BE CHOCOLATE. (In my chocoholic mind, there IS no other kind of dessert.) Any suggestions on something easy for people to pick up and eat, not too-labor-intensive to make and less predictable than brownies? All suggestions are appreciated! :)Thanks!

We're going to a holiday open house at a friend's home next weekend. I offered to bring a dessert, and OF COURSE IT HAS TO BE CHOCOLATE. (In my chocoholic mind, there IS no other kind of dessert.) Any suggestions on something easy for people to pick up and eat, not too-labor-intensive to make and less predictable than brownies? All suggestions are appreciated! :)Thanks!

I'm assuming you don't want to do a whole cake, but if you do, let me know - I have some incredible chocolate cake recipes, T&T.

For individual desserts, how about chocolate cupcakes (or brownie cupcakes), mini chocolate cheesecakes, chocolate truffles, or chocolate dipped coconut macaroons?

Merstar the macaroons sound awesome! Do you have a recipe? I never find just the right ones.

Merstar the macaroons sound awesome! Do you have a recipe? I never find just the right ones.

Unfortunately, I'm not 100% happy with the one I've been using - it's too wet and hard to drop onto the cookie sheets. I tried adding more flour, but it didn't help much. I'll have to experiment more, and try some other recipes until I come up with the right one.

Unfortunately, I'm not 100% happy with the one I've been using - it's too wet and hard to drop onto the cookie sheets. I tried adding more flour, but it didn't help much. I'll have to experiment more, and try some other recipes until I come up with the right one.

So here, I have a deal for you. If I find the perfect macaroon, I'll tell ya. And vice versa. I am willing to waste alot of coconut to find it!!!!!! :chef:

So here, I have a deal for you. If I find the perfect macaroon, I'll tell ya. And vice versa. I am willing to waste alot of coconut to find it!!!!!! :chef:

That sounds great - I'll PM you right now, so we don't forget each other!

Go to foodtv.com there are alot of diferent truffles, all work well. I can give you some hints if you like. I've tried alot of 'em!

how about triple chocolate mess AKA to die for.
ever seen it in a recipe anywhere?
it's made in the crock pot.
you'd need a 5 quart sized one with the immovable center to take out on a table, if you have one of those, this is the best dessert ever, add to it whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and that's it, a true winner.

"Triple Chocolate Mess AKA To Die For"

1 box dark chocolate cake mix which contains pudding in the mix
12 oz soften cream cheese
1 large box chocolate pudding
12 oz bag chocolate chips
3/4 cup canola oil
4 eggs
8 oz cola soda

Butter really well, the inside of 5 qt crock pot.
Mix all ingredients together and then stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour into crock pot.
Cook low setting 6-8 hours. Put lid on and use masking tape to tape the lid down and stay put. In other words, you can not lift the lid during the cooking time or it messes it up. So the tape reminds you to keep your hands away. After 7 hours, remove the crock and set on the kitchen counter, lid still on. It continues to do it's thing while on the counter, something about the heat inside and the cold counter outside. Serve hot with ice cream or whip cream by spooning out on to plates or bowls. This makes molten lava cake.

All great ideas so far!! Thanks! I'd love to try Triple Chocolate Mess AKA To Die For. However, I think I'll try that at home first! Preferably when I can eat it all myself!! (JK)

Back
Top Bottom