Chocolate eclair dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dina said:
I love eclairs but have never made them. Are they difficult to assemble?
Neah... the dough is a bit intimidating because it's different from the "usual" way of making pastry, but it's not that difficult realy. Like other pastry it's not advisable to under- or overcook the dough but if you stick to the instructions you'll be fine.
I made them a few times already and I'm not too good at deserts, let alone pastry. Just give it a try ...you'll be fine :chef:

If I'm making elcairs for a party and I won't have time to bake these right before the party will I be able to make them in advance, freeze them and then take them out the day of the party? If so, how far in advance will I have to take them out of the freezer?

If I'm making elcairs for a party and I won't have time to bake these right before the party will I be able to make them in advance, freeze them and then take them out the day of the party? If so, how far in advance will I have to take them out of the freezer?

I haven't read the recipe but usually eclairs freeze well.

They do freeze, but then they get kinda soggy. I would make the pate a choux ahead and store them in tins -- NOT frozen. You can also make your custard ahead a day or two and store it in the fridge. I wouldn't fill them until the day you want to serve them, or they are going to come across as "day old pastry."

Love this desert i always do in 13x9 pan and do it the day before so it can sit. I have done it using choc cookie crumbs and once puff pastry for the bottom didn't like as much as the gram crackers.

One time i was in the mood for it and it was winter and weather was bad all i had was tube of cresent rolls. pressed into 13 x 9 baked it and made it -- Dumb Dumb move!!!

~emz~ are you doing the dessert in the link? Or are you looking for ACTUAL eclairs? This one is a "square" not really an eclair.

ChefJune and I were both thinking you meant the kind where you make a pastry and fill them with custard or whipped cream and top with chocolate. If that is what you are looking for let me know and I'll point you at a recipe.

I was hoping to make the eclairs as a custard filled pastry, in the most authentic way possible. I found i recipe on a french website and it looks quite authentic. I'll try it out before the party just to make sure!

Back
Top Bottom