Chocolate eclair dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
I found this recipe on a site, and I just don't think I could bring myself to eat this, talk about a sugar high... anyways, if somebody tries this, let me know, very curious.

Chocolate Eclair Dessert

Last edited by a moderator:
We really need a drooling smiley face here:D

I'd be tempted to omit the crackers and use thin layers of sponge cake instead, just to give it a tad more stability. But that said, it does sound scrumptious as is!

Yum, does that look good! I'll copy and paste; I don't think the sugar will bother my little siblings at all...

When I was catering I used to make the pâte ¡a choux dough and bake it in one large circle (with a hole in the middle) and then fill the huge round eclair with custard and frost it with chocolate icing... It looked great on the dessert table, and then you cut slices to serve..... :chef:

ChefJune said:
When I was catering I used to make the pâte ¡a choux dough and bake it in one large circle (with a hole in the middle) and then fill the huge round eclair with custard and frost it with chocolate icing... It looked great on the dessert table, and then you cut slices to serve..... :chef:
I made one on a large pizza plate, sliced it in half and filled with whipped cream, melted chocolate on the top half and it looked like a giant sweet pizza, another time I just left the top plain and dusted with powdered sugar....The kids said it looked like a bee hive:LOL:

kadesma

Here's another version of an eclair cake:

ECLAIR CAKE
1 cup water 1 stick margarine 4 eggs dash salt
1 cup flour

Preheat oven to 400. Boil water and margarine and salt together. Add flour. Blend well. Cool, then add eggs and beat well. Pour into a 13x9 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. When done, poke with a fork.

6oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding 8oz. cream cheese 3 cups milk
12oz. Cool Whip Can Chocolate syrup

Add 1 cup milk to cream cheese and beat til soft; set aside, then add 2 cups milk to pudding and beat slowly til thick. Combine cream cheese and pudding together and fold in 4T Cool Whip. Spread on pastry. Top with the rest of the cool whip and drizzle with chocolate.

marmalady said:
Here's another version of an eclair cake:

ECLAIR CAKE

1 cup water 1 stick margarine 4 eggs dash salt
1 cup flour

Preheat oven to 400. Boil water and margarine and salt together. Add flour. Blend well. Cool, then add eggs and beat well. Pour into a 13x9 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. When done, poke with a fork.

6oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding 8oz. cream cheese 3 cups milk
12oz. Cool Whip Can Chocolate syrup

Add 1 cup milk to cream cheese and beat til soft; set aside, then add 2 cups milk to pudding and beat slowly til thick. Combine cream cheese and pudding together and fold in 4T Cool Whip. Spread on pastry. Top with the rest of the cool whip and drizzle with chocolate.
I know this will sound like an incredible stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyways: how much gr/oz/lb or whatever other weight measure is "a stick of butter/margarine"? :ermm:

Marmalady, I've never seen this recipe before, but will certainly try it. I like the others too, but have used them before. This one is new to me, but it won't be long!:pig:

My mom makes one very similar to the one in the link. I love it! She makes the chocolate icing instead of using the prepared chocoate frosting. Here's the recipe for the icing she uses:

1/3C cocoa
1C sugar
1/3C evaporated milk
1/2 stick butter or margarine
1tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil & boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour over top layer of graham crackers.

Hades said:
I know this will sound like an incredible stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyways: how much gr/oz/lb or whatever other weight measure is "a stick of butter/margarine"? :ermm:

One stick of butter is 4oz/8Tbsp/1/2C/1/4lb...Not a stupid question at all!

We have the eclair cake alot and love it! Marmalady, your recipe sounds fantastic - cut and pasted! I think I will make it this weekend! Crewsk, I am going to try your mom's icing too!

crewsk said:
One stick of butter is 4oz/8Tbsp/1/2C/1/4lb...Not a stupid question at all!
Thanks crewsk. For the reply and for not considering my question a stupid one. :)

That recipe looks fantastic. I love chocolate eclairs, but haven't had one for years. I only make desserts for special occasions, but when the next "occasion" arises, I'll be making this one.
Thank you for sharing!
Crewsk, that looks like a good chocolate frosting recipe.

gemgirlco.com said:
Oh my, I can't wait to try out these receipes. I've never eclair before. Wish me luck!
Good luck!
I found it very intimidating the first time I made them, but it realy is very rewarding to start from a strange mix of ingredients in a pot and end up with a nice fluffy eclair... you'll see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom