Chocolate mousse with cocoa powder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samenderya

Assistant Cook
hi chefs:chef: ,

I posted this thread yesterday but i think i forgot to press the submit button. Anyway here it is again.:rolleyes:

I live in Karachi(pakistan). Now i want to make chocolate mousse and chcolate cake. My problems is that most of the recipes i found of chcolate mousse called for chocolate , now i cannot get good cooking chocolate here. I got some local as well as packed one, but they don't taste good at all. so what i do when i have to use chcolate is use heintz coco powder. Its bitter and dark and gives perfect chcolate taste.
  1. Now can i subsitute chcolate in mousse with coco powder and if i do that what else should i change ?:angel:
  2. also i would really appreciate if some one could tell me a great recipe for chcolate mousse. :)
  3. My plan is to layer my chcolate cake with ,mousse, i am doing it for the first time , and i needed to ask is there some sort of special trick involved?:huh:
thanx in advance

All I can think of that is moussy and chocolatey with cocoa powder is a cocoa blancmange but would that be thick enough?
Sorry if this is a silly suggestion....my cooking knowledge is limited!

Back
Top Bottom