"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Brownies & Dessert Bars

Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
the way you express it about her handwriting, sure makes me feel I have someone who knows what I feel. It is truly a gift to have the memories to hang onto. You think when we are gone, they will feel this way about us? I doubt it. Call me corny now already when I want to save some of her notes. Yea, on Valentine Day she would be only one who would tell me happy day. Thanks Ol-blue, you did make me feel absolutely wonderful when you made the last quote

Mothers are Wonderful! You put present tense 'ARE' and they sure are. Thanks for making my day more sweeter than I expected. Hope everyone who still has their mother takes time to wish them special day. Always will remember.
You made my day also. I know exactly how you feel and how important memories are. I think about my mom a lot during the Holidays and on special days like Valentine Day, my mom loved to make them special for us kids.

The best part about our memories of our moms is no one can take them away from us.

I remember my mom would bake something while I was off camping and I would come home and have this long message on my answering machine telling me about the recipe and even giving me the recipe. She would say at the end of the message that she could not believe she just had a conversation with a answering machine. I saved that tape on that answering machine but I have not had the heart to listen to her voice. I just might have to pull it out now and listen to it.

I'm glad I made your day because you sure made mine.
I need to go get a tissue now!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
Master Chef

It is recipes like these that get me into serious trouble with my Dr.!

I wish I had some of my grandmas treasured recipes, she used to make a huge Christmas spread of homemade chocolates and candies every year!

Thanks for the recipe, they look absolutely decedent!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #13
Cook

These look amazing!!! I can't wait to try them out!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #14
Sous Chef

You are welcome! Enjoy!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Another One

Well, ol blue you made another hit around here. The chocolate peanut butter bars are in demand. Since it was Valentine's day and I didn't get any candy I made these bars. Oh, you are so right! They are delicious. My one brother told me he kept trying to save them by putting them in the fridge. Too late, they are gone and now he wants more. I even eat too many when I have to cut them up for everyone. You just can't eat one! I am so very thankful yo shared this with us. who cares about calories? Sampling something like this makes you forget about calories. They are wonderful. This one keeper as most of your recipes are.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Well, ol blue you made another hit around here. The chocolate peanut butter bars are in demand. Since it was Valentine's day and I didn't get any candy I made these bars. Oh, you are so right! They are delicious. My one brother told me he kept trying to save them by putting them in the fridge. Too late, they are gone and now he wants more. I even eat too many when I have to cut them up for everyone. You just can't eat one! I am so very thankful yo shared this with us. who cares about calories? Sampling something like this makes you forget about calories. They are wonderful. This one keeper as most of your recipes are.
WOW! That's a wonderful review. I think you like them. Thanks for letting me know. Debbie
Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #17
Master Chef

Too many desserts, too little time!

I am trying to remember a recipe my Mom made when I was in college. It was some sort of Snickers style bar that had to be refrigerated, sound familiar to anyone?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
Everymom

Was it this one? These are my personal favorite. Taste just like Reeses.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #19
Master Chef

I can't follow the link, but I know it had nuts in it, chocolate on top, the bottom was some sort of white stuff that if left out melted, so it had to be refrigerated.
But, I love Reeses too so would love the link!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #20
Everymom

I think I fixed the link. Let me know.

Tags
None