Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This was my mom's recipes. These bars can be stored in the refrigerator, but my family likes them at room temperature for a creamier melt in your mouth texture.
Enjoy! Debbie

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BARS

img_549256_0_01f6b9e53f3955aa43d5b2b98efed411.jpg

1 cup(s) CORN SYRUP; Light.
1 cup(s) BROWN SUGAR
2 cup(s) PEANUT BUTTER; Creamy.
4 cup(s) RICE KRISPIES
4 tablespoon(s) INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING; From A 3.4 Ounce Box.
1/2 cup(s) BUTTER; Softened.
1 1/4 cup(s) CHOCOLATE CHIPS
4 tablespoon(s) PEANUT BUTTER; Creamy.
6 tablespoon(s) MILK
4 cup(s) POWDERED SUGAR
_____

In a large pot, add corn syrup, brown sugar and 2 cups peanut butter.
Over medium heat melt peanut butter.
Remove pan from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
Press Rice Krispies into a greased 13x9 pan.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the instant pudding, butter and milk until smooth.
Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Spread over Rice Krispies and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set up.
Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together and spread over pudding layer.
Allow the chocolate to harden before cutting into bars.
It can be placed in the refrigerator to harden faster.
_____

Last edited:
Looks awesome- but how much milk and powdered sugar ?

This one is a gotta make - !! All I need is the rice krispies- Thanks for sharing....

Last edited:
Again!

Looks like you got another winner here! Last one I made from you had peanut butter in them. Family wanted me to repeat that recipe but this looks just as good. So your mom good cook too! Aren't you blessed! This is just in time for Valentine Day. Rather than box of chocolates this looks quick and easy too. Thanks for sharing and remembering us. Glad you are around here. I do so appreciate you.

Thanks you for the kind comment In The Kitchen, My mom was a great cook. I was blessed to have a mom that encouraged me to cook. My grandmothers were wonderful cooks also.
This would be perfect for Valentine Day, it's so easy.
I love sharing my recipes with everyone here. Everyone is so nice here. I should be thanking you!

LadyCook61, Very easy and great tasting!

Blessed

Good thing you kept her recipes. What wonderful memories. My mom's recipes are at my brother's house. Of course, he can have them. He is the one who misses her the most. She definitely was good cook and just to see her handwriting and the magazine she pasted them in, makes me so sad. Never did have some kind of box to keep in but pasted them in a magazine she got. that was my mom, nothing was wasted.

Guess your mom was same way. What I once considered work with her, now the memories really flood over me when I have something she really liked. Especially her German Chocolate Cakes, Prune Cakes, and her Angel Food cake from all the egg white she had accumulated. No mixes for her. Seems she took forever with the mixer to get them so the whites would stand up. I will never attempt to duplicate her success. Too good.
Thanks for sharing mom's recipe. I know she would be so proud and happy. Only proves how much our mom's loved us, no matter how hard and long it took. Not easy.

Good thing you kept her recipes. What wonderful memories. My mom's recipes are at my brother's house. Of course, he can have them. He is the one who misses her the most. She definitely was good cook and just to see her handwriting and the magazine she pasted them in, makes me so sad. Never did have some kind of box to keep in but pasted them in a magazine she got. that was my mom, nothing was wasted.

Guess your mom was same way. What I once considered work with her, now the memories really flood over me when I have something she really liked. Especially her German Chocolate Cakes, Prune Cakes, and her Angel Food cake from all the egg white she had accumulated. No mixes for her. Seems she took forever with the mixer to get them so the whites would stand up. I will never attempt to duplicate her success. Too good.
Thanks for sharing mom's recipe. I know she would be so proud and happy. Only proves how much our mom's loved us, no matter how hard and long it took. Not easy.

I am thankful I have her recipes. My mom was just like your mom. I don't go through her recipes that often because it's hard to see her hand writing at times. I do miss her alot.

Even before she died and was on oxygen and having a hard time breathing she was in the kitchen baking. She loved to bake and please her family. I guess that's the way I am with sharing my recipes here.

Mothers are Wonderful!

Express

the way you express it about her handwriting, sure makes me feel I have someone who knows what I feel. It is truly a gift to have the memories to hang onto. You think when we are gone, they will feel this way about us? I doubt it. Call me corny now already when I want to save some of her notes. Yea, on Valentine Day she would be only one who would tell me happy day. Thanks Ol-blue, you did make me feel absolutely wonderful when you made the last quote

Mothers are Wonderful! You put present tense 'ARE' and they sure are. Thanks for making my day more sweeter than I expected. Hope everyone who still has their mother takes time to wish them special day. Always will remember.

the way you express it about her handwriting, sure makes me feel I have someone who knows what I feel. It is truly a gift to have the memories to hang onto. You think when we are gone, they will feel this way about us? I doubt it. Call me corny now already when I want to save some of her notes. Yea, on Valentine Day she would be only one who would tell me happy day. Thanks Ol-blue, you did make me feel absolutely wonderful when you made the last quote

Mothers are Wonderful! You put present tense 'ARE' and they sure are. Thanks for making my day more sweeter than I expected. Hope everyone who still has their mother takes time to wish them special day. Always will remember.

You made my day also. I know exactly how you feel and how important memories are. I think about my mom a lot during the Holidays and on special days like Valentine Day, my mom loved to make them special for us kids.

The best part about our memories of our moms is no one can take them away from us.

I remember my mom would bake something while I was off camping and I would come home and have this long message on my answering machine telling me about the recipe and even giving me the recipe. She would say at the end of the message that she could not believe she just had a conversation with a answering machine. I saved that tape on that answering machine but I have not had the heart to listen to her voice. I just might have to pull it out now and listen to it.

I'm glad I made your day because you sure made mine.
I need to go get a tissue now!

It is recipes like these that get me into serious trouble with my Dr.!:LOL:

I wish I had some of my grandmas treasured recipes, she used to make a huge Christmas spread of homemade chocolates and candies every year!

Thanks for the recipe, they look absolutely decedent!

Another One

Well, ol blue you made another hit around here. The chocolate peanut butter bars are in demand. Since it was Valentine's day and I didn't get any candy I made these bars. Oh, you are so right! They are delicious. My one brother told me he kept trying to save them by putting them in the fridge. Too late, they are gone and now he wants more. I even eat too many when I have to cut them up for everyone. You just can't eat one! I am so very thankful yo shared this with us. who cares about calories? Sampling something like this makes you forget about calories. They are wonderful. This one keeper as most of your recipes are.

Well, ol blue you made another hit around here. The chocolate peanut butter bars are in demand. Since it was Valentine's day and I didn't get any candy I made these bars. Oh, you are so right! They are delicious. My one brother told me he kept trying to save them by putting them in the fridge. Too late, they are gone and now he wants more. I even eat too many when I have to cut them up for everyone. You just can't eat one! I am so very thankful yo shared this with us. who cares about calories? Sampling something like this makes you forget about calories. They are wonderful. This one keeper as most of your recipes are.

WOW! That's a wonderful review. I think you like them. :) Thanks for letting me know. Debbie

Too many desserts, too little time!:LOL:

I am trying to remember a recipe my Mom made when I was in college. It was some sort of Snickers style bar that had to be refrigerated, sound familiar to anyone?

I can't follow the link, but I know it had nuts in it, chocolate on top, the bottom was some sort of white stuff that if left out melted, so it had to be refrigerated.
But, I love Reeses too so would love the link!

Back
Top Bottom