"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Brownies & Dessert Bars

Old 02-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

This was my mom's recipes. These bars can be stored in the refrigerator, but my family likes them at room temperature for a creamier melt in your mouth texture.
Enjoy! Debbie

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BARS

1 cup(s) CORN SYRUP; Light.
1 cup(s) BROWN SUGAR
2 cup(s) PEANUT BUTTER; Creamy.
4 cup(s) RICE KRISPIES
4 tablespoon(s) INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING; From A 3.4 Ounce Box.
1/2 cup(s) BUTTER; Softened.
1 1/4 cup(s) CHOCOLATE CHIPS
4 tablespoon(s) PEANUT BUTTER; Creamy.
6 tablespoon(s) MILK
4 cup(s) POWDERED SUGAR
_____

In a large pot, add corn syrup, brown sugar and 2 cups peanut butter.
Over medium heat melt peanut butter.
Remove pan from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
Press Rice Krispies into a greased 13x9 pan.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the instant pudding, butter and milk until smooth.
Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Spread over Rice Krispies and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set up.
Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together and spread over pudding layer.
Allow the chocolate to harden before cutting into bars.
It can be placed in the refrigerator to harden faster.
_____

Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Looks awesome- but how much milk and powdered sugar ?

This one is a gotta make - !! All I need is the rice krispies- Thanks for sharing....

Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L. View Post
Looks awesome- but how much milk and powdered sugar ?
Boy was I brain dead...I corrected the recipe. Thanks for catching the mistake Barb.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Again!

Looks like you got another winner here! Last one I made from you had peanut butter in them. Family wanted me to repeat that recipe but this looks just as good. So your mom good cook too! Aren't you blessed! This is just in time for Valentine Day. Rather than box of chocolates this looks quick and easy too. Thanks for sharing and remembering us. Glad you are around here. I do so appreciate you.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
Master Chef

looks wonderful and easy to make!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #6
Cook

they look so great.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
Sous Chef

Thanks you for the kind comment In The Kitchen, My mom was a great cook. I was blessed to have a mom that encouraged me to cook. My grandmothers were wonderful cooks also.
This would be perfect for Valentine Day, it's so easy.
I love sharing my recipes with everyone here. Everyone is so nice here. I should be thanking you!

LadyCook61, Very easy and great tasting!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Blessed

Good thing you kept her recipes. What wonderful memories. My mom's recipes are at my brother's house. Of course, he can have them. He is the one who misses her the most. She definitely was good cook and just to see her handwriting and the magazine she pasted them in, makes me so sad. Never did have some kind of box to keep in but pasted them in a magazine she got. that was my mom, nothing was wasted.

Guess your mom was same way. What I once considered work with her, now the memories really flood over me when I have something she really liked. Especially her German Chocolate Cakes, Prune Cakes, and her Angel Food cake from all the egg white she had accumulated. No mixes for her. Seems she took forever with the mixer to get them so the whites would stand up. I will never attempt to duplicate her success. Too good.
Thanks for sharing mom's recipe. I know she would be so proud and happy. Only proves how much our mom's loved us, no matter how hard and long it took. Not easy.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Good thing you kept her recipes. What wonderful memories. My mom's recipes are at my brother's house. Of course, he can have them. He is the one who misses her the most. She definitely was good cook and just to see her handwriting and the magazine she pasted them in, makes me so sad. Never did have some kind of box to keep in but pasted them in a magazine she got. that was my mom, nothing was wasted.

Guess your mom was same way. What I once considered work with her, now the memories really flood over me when I have something she really liked. Especially her German Chocolate Cakes, Prune Cakes, and her Angel Food cake from all the egg white she had accumulated. No mixes for her. Seems she took forever with the mixer to get them so the whites would stand up. I will never attempt to duplicate her success. Too good.
Thanks for sharing mom's recipe. I know she would be so proud and happy. Only proves how much our mom's loved us, no matter how hard and long it took. Not easy.
I am thankful I have her recipes. My mom was just like your mom. I don't go through her recipes that often because it's hard to see her hand writing at times. I do miss her alot.

Even before she died and was on oxygen and having a hard time breathing she was in the kitchen baking. She loved to bake and please her family. I guess that's the way I am with sharing my recipes here.

Mothers are Wonderful!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Express

the way you express it about her handwriting, sure makes me feel I have someone who knows what I feel. It is truly a gift to have the memories to hang onto. You think when we are gone, they will feel this way about us? I doubt it. Call me corny now already when I want to save some of her notes. Yea, on Valentine Day she would be only one who would tell me happy day. Thanks Ol-blue, you did make me feel absolutely wonderful when you made the last quote

Mothers are Wonderful! You put present tense 'ARE' and they sure are. Thanks for making my day more sweeter than I expected. Hope everyone who still has their mother takes time to wish them special day. Always will remember.

Tags
None