Cream cheese, cherry pie filling, graham crackers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
I have
one 250 gram cream cheese thats a little over 8 oz I think
can of cherry pie filling
and some graham crackers.
sour cream

what can I make for dessert with any of these or all of them put together? suggestions?

Maybe a crushed graham cracker crust, blend the cream cheese & sour cream with a bit of sugar to spread over the graham cracker crust, then cover with the cherries.

Or, if you don't care about the integrity of the shape of the cherries, blend them in with the cream cheese and sour cream. Maybe a bit of sugar as well. Then spread that whole mixture over the graham cracker crust.

Or, sans the crust and keep the graham crackers whole, and self serve the mixture onto the graham crackers. I guess it depends on your presentation. The latter is obviously a more laid back, family style versus having a prepared dessert where a more formal presentation is preferred.

If you have sugar and eggs, I'd say blend it together with the sour cream and cheese, fold in 1/4 cup of the cherry filling and bake in a small cake pan, or tiny tart pans covered with graham cracker crust. Top with the rest of the filling and enjoy.

Cherry Parfaits - layer crumbled crackers, vanilla ice cream, and pie filling in parfait glasses. Repeat. Chill and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Or - Top slices of pound cake, with vanilla ice cream, cherry pie filling, whipped cream and chocolate syrup.

Or - Chocolate Pudding Parfaits - Layer cooked pudding, cherry pie filling and whipped cream. Chill, top with more whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed grahams & a cherry.

Cherry S’Mores

1 bar (7 oz.) chocolate candy, broken into 8 sections
8 graham cracker squares
8 large marshmallows
1 cup Cherry Filling

Place a piece of chocolate candy on each cracker. Microwave, 4 crackers at a time, on HIGH (100%) 45-60 seconds. Place one marshmallow on each cracker. Microwave 15-30 seconds until soft. Top each cracker with 2 Tbsp. cherry filling.

Cherry Tiramisu

1 cup Italian-style ricotta cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
1 1/2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs (about 30 two-inch cookies)
1 (21 oz. can) cherry pie filling and topping
grated chocolate for garnish
fresh mint leaves for garnish

In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream and coffee liqueur; mix well. Set aside.

In an electric blender or food processor container, process cookies, in small batches, until finely crushed. Remove 6 cherries from cherry filling; reserve for garnish.

To assemble dessert, spoon 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese mixture into each of six (8-ounce) parfait glasses. Add 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs to each glass; top each with 2 tablespoons cherry filling. Repeat ricotta, crumb and cherry layers. Finish each serving with an equal portion of the remaining ricotta cheese mixture.

Garnish with reserved cherries, grated chocolate and mint leaves, if desired. Let chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.

CHERRY SNOWBALL CAKE

1 (8 oz.) pkg.
cream cheese
2 c. confectioners sugar
1 (8 oz.) carton Cool Whip
1 can
cherry pie filling
1 lg. Angel Food cake
1 can crushed pineapple

Cut cake in small pieces. Soften cream cheese. Add sugar and Cool Whip; mix well. Add drained pineapple to cream cheese mixture. Place half of cake in bowl. Add pie filling and a layer of cream cheese mixture. Add rest of cake. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly.

Cherry-Mallow Cake

4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (18-1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling

Preheat oven on 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Put marshmallows evenly in the bottom of the pan. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over the marshmallows. Spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the cake batter.

Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes. The top of the cake will be bubbly and the marshmallows will be sticky on top of the cake. Carefully open the oven and remove the pan using hot pads and set the pan on two more hot pads to cool. Remember to turn off the oven. After the cake is cool, cut it into squares. Makes about 15 servings.

http://www.birdseyefoods.com/comstock/notJustPieRecipes.asp

Chocolate Cherry Heart Cake:

http://www.abpo.net/Recipe_001.shtml

YUM!
Recipe_001_cchcake-9-125.jpg

Last edited:
You could try individual cheesecake tarts. Mix up the graham crumbs with some butter and some sugar and put a spoonful into a muffin tin (I'd use papers). Then buzz the cheese with some sugar and an egg and a little flour til it looks right, pour it on and bake however many you come up with. Then when they are done top with the cherry stuff. Mmmmmmmmm.

Debbie, I posted this awhile ago. You could substitute the strawberries and jelly with Cherry Pie Filling. For a quick dessert, use ready-made cheesecake.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f30/iso-strawberry-recipes-19296.html?highlight=strawberry+cheesecake

Strawberry Cheesecake in a Martini Glass
Serving Size : 4

1 pint basket strawberries, stemmed and sliced
3 tablespoons currant jelly or 2 tablespoons sugar
8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons skim milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup light whipped topping
1 cup graham cracker crumbs

In bowl, toss strawberries with jelly; cover and set aside. In mixer bowl, beat cheese, milk, juice and sugar until smooth, fold in whipped topping.

Spoon 2 tablespoons crumbs into each of four 8-to-10-ounce stemmed glasses; top each with about 1/4 cup of the strawberries, 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture, then the remaining crumbs and strawberries, dividing equally. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours.

Last edited:
pdswife said:
Mish have you tried this one? I bet it's very pretty!

Yes, pds. It is a lovely dessert. Depending on the time of year/availability, you can try any berry of choice - blue, rasp, etc. Very quick and easy. Thought I posted it separately as a recipe. If I still can't locate it, perhaps I can post it on its' own. Hope you give it a try.:)

Another idea:

Chocolate Cherry Cups. Fill choc cups with cherry filling and chill. Top with a dollup of whipped cream.

You can buy the choc cups ready-made, or make them at home.

Chocolate_Desert_Cups.jpg

Puff Pastry Hearts - Cut a heart shape from puff pastry sheet(s), bake and cool. Spread with cream cheese and top with cherry pie filling.

Last edited:
wow you guys are very creative THANK YOU for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom