Drizzle On, Fold In, or Both? Sweet Cond Milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Okay, so I had these great brownies at the Faire that was brownie mix with Hershey's syrup, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk, added. I did a version last night but then I got to thinking, maybe drizzeling the SCM on the brownies before cooking might be different. Has anyone drizzed straight SCM on brownies? I did see one recipe that involved toffee pieces and SCM but haven't found anything with just the milk.

Anyone ever tried anything like this.

I've only done it with nuts. I take walnuts or pecans and lay them out on a baking sheet and drizzle the SCM over them and bake. It makes a wonderful chewy sweet coating. I'm not sure how it would react with the brownie batter though.

I've only done it with nuts. I take walnuts or pecans and lay them out on a baking sheet and drizzle the SCM over them and bake. It makes a wonderful chewy sweet coating. I'm not sure how it would react with the brownie batter though.
Oh, it was great in the brownie batter, they were just too thin so I'm making it again. I was wondering if others had tried it or if they had put it on top. Sorry, I should have been a little more clear.

Hi. I am going to hop in here. This is just my guess, but I would think that the milk would just sink on down into the batter. What about baking them about 10 minutes to begin to firm up on top and then take out and quickly add the SCM and return to the oven for the last 10 min or so. Just an idea. Happy Baking to You !!

Hmmm. I've never heard of this, but drizzling sweetened condensed milk on anything is bound to be good! One of our favorite street foods here is baked sweet potatoes with condensed milk drizzled on...they guy who sells them pushes his little wood-fired oven around on a cart. He has a very distinctive whistle when he comes down the street and you know it's time to run out there and get some!

Well, I did both. I added the sweetened condensed milk into the brownies AND drizzled it on top. They are fabulous. I've had more chocolate in a week than I have in a year since I made these things. I love them.

Well, I did both. I added the sweetened condensed milk into the brownies AND drizzled it on top. They are fabulous. I've had more chocolate in a week than I have in a year since I made these things. I love them.
Callisto, your recipe sounds so good. My son-in-law loves brownies above all else..so I think brownies are on tap for Sunday. Did you use 1 or 2 cans for your brownies?
kadesma

I used two boxes of brownie mix and substituted the milk for the water in the recipe so 1/4 of milk and 1/4 of water. I have a picture in my gallery of what the final product looked like and the recipe is on my blog. I'll copy it here if you'd like.

What I liked is that they were really chewy. Next time I'm going to eliminate the water and up the milk to 1/2 cup. My SIL is a chef, she helped me decide the ratios.

I know it's cheating to use a box, but I have yet to master using the sugar out here. I don't know why it's so different but I swear sugar in the south is different than C&H Sugar from California.

I used two boxes of brownie mix and substituted the milk for the water in the recipe so 1/4 of milk and 1/4 of water. I have a picture in my gallery of what the final product looked like and the recipe is on my blog. I'll copy it here if you'd like.

What I liked is that they were really chewy. Next time I'm going to eliminate the water and up the milk to 1/2 cup. My SIL is a chef, she helped me decide the ratios.

I know it's cheating to use a box, but I have yet to master using the sugar out here. I don't know why it's so different but I swear sugar in the south is different than C&H Sugar from California.
I find nothing wong with using a boxed brownie or cake mix. Most of the browine mixes are very good..With my gang and all they like to eat hey a box is my best friend :LOL: I'll try using the 1/2 cup of milk and see what happens and thank you. You can put the recipe here or I can check it out at your blog.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom