Easy Chocolate Fudge Recipe/PB Fudge Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW! This looks awesome. I am definitely going to try this and put it in pretty bags for my nephews and nieces as an extra stocking present from Santa. Thanks :)

Can you give me the recipe? I wondered that you had said condensed milk in your first post. I thought you used sweetened condensed milk in fudge. Please clarify.

I'm shopping tomorrow and want to get the right stuff.:chef:

Sorry for the late post. I do in fact use sweetened condensed milk. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I made 2 batches of fudge for my mom to take to work. I made a white chocolate fudge with skor bits, and a peanut butter fudge with rice crispies between layers of milk chocolate fudge.

I'll be shopping again Thursday. I want to do the one you showed pictures of. I'll need semi-sweet chocolate, butterscotch & Reese's chips, one or two cans SC milk.

Do I use both whole bags of butterscotch & PB chips?
One or two cans SC milk?
How about some chopped pecans? Sounds good with butterscotch.

Last edited:
I'll be shopping again Tuesday. I want to do the one you showed pictures of. I'll need semi-sweet chocolate, butterscotch & Reese's chips, one or two cans SC milk.

Do I use both whole bags of butterscotch & PB chips?
One or two cans SC milk?
How about some chopped pecans?

You will only need 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. When I made that particular fudge I didn't really measure the semi-sweet chocolate, I was just finishing off 3 separate kinds of choco chips. It's up to you how thick you want the outer layers.

I would say go with 1/2 cup of chocolate melted with about 1/4 of the can of SC milk for the bottom layer. The whole 300g bag of butterscotch chips. When I made mine I used 1/2 cup of Kraft peanut butter, so I guess the same amount of reese chips should work just as well. Melt that with SC milk. I find when I just pour the SC milk until it doesn't come out fast anymore (not scraping it clean) that enough sinks to the bottom from the sides to melt with another 1/2 cup of chocolate for the top layer.

Good luck, have fun.

Last edited:
You will only need 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. When I made that particular fudge I didn't really measure the semi-sweet chocolate, I was just finishing off 3 separate kinds of choco chips. It's up to you how thick you want the outer layers.

I would say go with 1/2 cup of chocolate melted with about 1/4 of the can of SC milk for the bottom layer. The whole 300g bag of butterscotch chips. When I made mine I used 1/2 cup of Kraft peanut butter, so I guess the same amount of reese chips should work just as well. Melt that with SC milk. I find when I just pour the SC milk until it doesn't come out fast anymore (not scraping it clean) that enough sinks to the bottom from the sides to melt with another 1/2 cup of chocolate for the top layer.

Good luck, have fun.

Thank you. I'm starting to think of a butterscotch/pecan layer and do a peanut butter one another time.

I'll let you know how it comes out. Meanwhile I've got semi sweet chocolate fudge loaded with walnuts. MMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Thank you. I'm starting to think of a butterscotch/pecan layer and do a peanut butter one another time.

I'll let you know how it comes out. Meanwhile I've got semi sweet chocolate fudge loaded with walnuts. MMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Congrats on 1337 posts Zhizara! XD

Any luck getting that fudge done Zhizara?

I just finished a triple layer fudge for my Grandma. White chocolate bottom, peanutbutter/rice crispy centre, and milk chocolate/cinnamon top.

Any luck getting that fudge done Zhizara?

I just finished a triple layer fudge for my Grandma. White chocolate bottom, peanutbutter/rice crispy centre, and milk chocolate/cinnamon top.

That sounds really good. No, I just haven't had the desire. I got all the ingredients, but had quite a bit of that last fudge. Sweet tooth seems to be sleeping, and appetite is just coming back. I'm sticking to soups and noodles for now. I'll let you know when I do get it done. I just love the sound of butterscotch with toasted pecans as the middle layer.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should use a whole can of sweetened condensed milk for the bag of butterscotch. It should be sweet enough already. I do hate sickly sweet. I know the pecans will help with that.

Since the microwave worked so well last time, I think I'll try to melt the butterscotch chips without anything else. If it works, great, if not I'll add a little at a time until I get the consistency/sweetness I want.

In any case, I haven't forgotten about them at all just waiting for ideas and energy to come together, not to mention my sweet tooth waking up.:LOL:

That sounds really good. No, I just haven't had the desire. I got all the ingredients, but had quite a bit of that last fudge. Sweet tooth seems to be sleeping, and appetite is just coming back. I'm sticking to soups and noodles for now. I'll let you know when I do get it done. I just love the sound of butterscotch with toasted pecans as the middle layer.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should use a whole can of sweetened condensed milk for the bag of butterscotch. It should be sweet enough already. I do hate sickly sweet. I know the pecans will help with that.

Since the microwave worked so well last time, I think I'll try to melt the butterscotch chips without anything else. If it works, great, if not I'll add a little at a time until I get the consistency/sweetness I want.

In any case, I haven't forgotten about them at all just waiting for ideas and energy to come together, not to mention my sweet tooth waking up.:LOL:

How many grams is the bag of butterscotch chips? I did some price/weight calculating in case I decide to sell some fudge. I came up with these..

White Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Chips - 1 cup was equal to 186 and 187 grams respectively.

Milk Chocolate Chips (larger chip size than both above) - 1 cup was equal to 202g.

I haven't had any butterscotch chips since my last making of the butterscotch/peanutbutter/chocolate fudge... but I use the Hershey Chipits brand chips, which I believe are about the same size as the milk chocolate chips I use... going by that... one could say that 300g is equal to about 1 and a half cups. I like to use in the area of 2 to 2.5 cups of some kind of chips so the condensed milk isn't too overpowering, and keeping the fudge too soft. Maybe if you have some milk chocolate you can make a layer of it, or mix in some peanut butter.... or you can just not use the whole can of condensed milk.

If you feel like trying something aside from fudge, I have another quick/easy recipe that can put a 300 gram bag of butterscotch chips to perfect use, and will be a little less sweet than fudge.

1/4 cup butter
300g butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter
4 cups of mini marshmallows

Same idea as the fudge, melt over double boiler, add marshmallows after it's all melted. If you want to cut it up, it's easiest when it is frozen, but I never have that kind of patience, I just leave it whole and we cut a piece off as we want them.

I don't know about grams without checking the package, but I did notice that the earlier discussion of bag sizes is that they sell both 12 and 18 oz (approximately) size packages.:ohmy: I use the smaller ones because I live alone and it's plenty for me.

I don't know about grams without checking the package, but I did notice that the earlier discussion of bag sizes is that they sell both 12 and 18 oz (approximately) size packages.:ohmy: I use the smaller ones because I live alone and it's plenty for me.

12 ounces is equal to 340 grams, about 1 cup and 3/4.

12 ounces is equal to 340 grams, about 1 cup and 3/4.

When I said approximate, the butterscotch chips (Hershey's Toll House) have only 11 oz. now. Cheating to keep a lower price, I guess. The grams on that package is 311.8 grams.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom