Easy fudge recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a pretty basic chocolate fudge recipe.

2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup of milk
4 T cocoa
1 T butter
pinch of salt
1 t vanilla extract

Grease a small pan or pie plate.

In a saucepan combine first three ingredients and cook to the softball stage.

Stir in remaining ingredients and continue stirring/beating until it begins to thicken.

Pour into pan and allow to harden.

Cut into squares and serve.

Put:

1 lb. box powdered sugar (sifted)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp milk

into double boiler. Heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla, beat again. Quickly pour into buttered 8x8 pan. Cut when cool.

Sorry, I can't give a measurement for the powdered sugar that comes in a bag, and I'll be out of luck when they do away with the boxes if I don't measure by the cup next time I make it.

Summer Time Fudge
3/4 lbs (12 oz) Velveeta cheese, cut in to 1" cubes
1 cup (2 sticks) (1/2 Pound) butter
1 package (12 ounces) chocolate morsels (semi-sweet) (optional add 6 sq. Baker's
unsweetened baking chocolate for extra fudgy flavor)
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Put all in a microwave safe bowl, heat on high until melted, stirring occasionally.
Place two pounds powdered sugar in mixing bowl. W/ mixer running on med. low gradually add chocolate mixture to sugar. Move up to medium speed, add 2 teaspoons vanilla, mix thoroughly. Mix in 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts pecans or walnuts.
Pour into buttered 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with additional 1/2 cup chopped nuts, pat nuts in. Cover, refrigerate several hours. Cut into squares.
May be frozen, wrapped in plastic and then foil for 8 weeks. Thaw in refrigerator
overnight before serving.
Variation: Add mini-marshmallows for rocky road. Substitute 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies for nuts.
Philly Cream cheese can be used in place of the Velveeta

Put:

1 lb. box powdered sugar (sifted)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp milk

into double boiler. Heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla, beat again. Quickly pour into buttered 8x8 pan. Cut when cool.

Sorry, I can't give a measurement for the powdered sugar that comes in a bag, and I'll be out of luck when they do away with the boxes if I don't measure by the cup next time I make it.

Simple math. Eight ounces = one cup. Two cups = 16 ounces. Sixteen ounces = one pound. Thus two cups = one pound. A bag of powdered sugar is two pounds. Two pounds = 32 ounces. Thirty-two ounces = four cups. :chef:

The easiest recipe I know, and foolproof is this - RecipeSource: See’s Fudge Candy (The “Original” Recipe!)

The fudge comes out perfect every time. I wonder what would happen if maple syrup was substituted for the chocolate chips. Or, what would happen if you used other flavored chips, like peanut butter, or butterscotch, etc.

But I can vouch for the original. You don't have to incorporate air into it, or fuss with it. You simply follow the directions and make great fudge.

Oh, and I cheat. I use the microwave to heat everything up. It works great.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Simple math. Eight ounces = one cup. Two cups = 16 ounces. Sixteen ounces = one pound. Thus two cups = one pound. A bag of powdered sugar is two pounds. Two pounds = 32 ounces. Thirty-two ounces = four cups. :chef:
But Addie, you're using volume ounces to represent weight ounces, which are not the same thing. A volume ounce of powdered sugar will very in weight due to settling of the product, or how much air it holds in that unit volume.

Another way of looking at it is; 1/2 cup of flour that comes from a bag that has been vibrated on shipping trucks will be heavier than a half-cup of sifted flour. Also, an volume ounce of water doesn't equal 1 ounce of weight. You can't mix the two. They're not the same thing.

Another look, 12 fluid ounces of water weighs more that 12 fluid ounces of cooking oil because water weighs more than cooking oil per unit volume.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Does anyone know of a fudge recipe book

Hello,

I have been looking everywhere for a fudge recipe book and there doesn't seem to be any cook books devoted to fudge recipes only.

I have looked on amazon and there in one which is quite old and it's has sweets and fudge recipes in it but it has a very bad review.
And then there is another book which is called fudge something but it's more about fudge in other recipes such as cakes etc and the review isn't great for that either.

I can not believe that there are no fudge recipe books anywhere, I know i can download recipes from the internet but I would love a book with some inspirational photos, tips, advice and hopefully a trouble shooting section.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SUCH A BOOK ????????? Please!

Many thanks ::chef:

Back
Top Bottom