Fudge Pudding with Hard Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
This is a dessert my mother used to make. She wasn't a very good cook but she did this well.:yum:

Fudge Pudding
ingredients
1/2 Cup Crisco
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
2 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate, melted
1/3 Cup sifted, unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Blend Crisco, sugar and egg yolks. Add chocolate and mix well. Add salt to egg whites and beat until stiff. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into greased, 8" square pan. Bake @ 325 about 30 minutes. Serve warn with hard sauce on top.

Hard Sauce
ingredients

1/3 Cup Crisco
1 Cup 10x sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients in a small mixing. Using a hand mixer, beat at high speed until creamy. Chill before serving. Makes about 1 cup.

This is a dessert my mother used to make. She wasn't a very good cook but she did this well.:yum:

Fudge Pudding
ingredients
1/2 Cup Crisco
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Blend Crisco, sugar and egg yolks. Add chocolate and mix well. Add salt to egg whites and beat until stiff. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into greased, 8" square pan. Bake @ 325 about 30 minutes. Serve warn with hard sauce on top.

Hard Sauce
ingredients

1/3 Cup Crisco
1 Cup 10x sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients in a small mixing. Using a hand mixer, beat at high speed until creamy. Chill before serving. Makes about 1 cup.
Anything with fudge in the name has MY name on it. Do you think it could be made with butter instead of Crisco? And where does the flour go? With the Crisco, sugar and egg yolks?

Anything with fudge in the name has MY name on it. Do you think it could be made with butter instead of Crisco? And where does the flour go? With the Crisco, sugar and egg yolks?
I was wondering if it wouldn't be yummier with butter.

Fudge Pudding
ingredients
1/2 Cup Crisco
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Blend Crisco, sugar and egg yolks. Stir in the flour and vanilla. Add chocolate and mix well. Add salt to egg whites and beat until stiff. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into greased, 8" square pan. Bake @ 325 about 30 minutes. Serve warn with hard sauce on top.

Hard Sauce
ingredients

1/3 Cup Crisco
1 Cup 10x sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream
1 tsp vanilla

Oops!:LOL: Its fixed now. I don't think that butter would maintain the same texture/firmness at room temperature as the Crisco.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom