Fudge too soft...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dishwater.Hands

Assistant Cook
Greetings! :D

I found this recipe in my cookbooks and it was pretty simple- condensed milk, chocolate chips, bit of butter and mint extract. Seeing as payday is just around the corner, I was looking to make something with the things already in my fridge. I made this up and unfortunately, it hasn't hardened. I know if I cut into it, it's not going to be pretty. It sort of has the consistency of something a bit thicker than syrup although it maintained its taste and colour.

So I'm wondering if there's something I can do to it to make it better. I ran out of eggs and milk (we don't use either for anything but cooking, so it's never a big deal when I run out). I have things like Graham cracker crumbs, cream cheese, rolled oats, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, flour, margarine, tapioca, etc. But I'm not sure what to do with it all-- I just don't want to let the chocolate go to waste because let's face it-- it's chocolate! :mrgreen:

Does anyone have an idea of what I could do with my goopy chocolate concoction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Oh Oh Oh! Pick Me!!

I would stir one cup of rolled oats into the cream cheese and then stir the fudge into the cream cheese mixture! Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and chill.

I'm not sure, was just working with what you had that would not dilute the chocolate too much.

^_^ Well, i'm going to give it a crack and see what happens. If anything, I can stick it in the freezer and the husband can gnaw on them. :P

!! I found eggs-- I'm so happy. I can't believe I'm happy about finding eggs, it's like winning the lottery. I was thinking of adding 2 eggs and making individual cheesecakes. ^__^

Can I have a spoon, please? We don't need no stinkin' fudge.

You could use the fudge warmed with a little cream as topping for pancakes and ice cream or just use as is to sandwich cookies. It will make a nice filling for cake too.

I would just eat it off a spoon lol!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom