Great Gooey Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grill with Bill

Assistant Cook
Everyone absolutely loves my box mix brownies. The key is to bake them significantly less time than recommended. I use Betty Crocker Original Supreme mix, which is now packaged for making a 8" x 8" pan. I mix 3 boxes at once and divide it into (2) 9" x 13" insulated aluminum pans. I bake them for 26 min at 350°. Being under baked, the brownies will sink significantly as they cool. Some people like them plain, some like them with powdered sugar on top. I never put frosting on brownies.

I use regular eggs, not pasteurized. I've been doing this for years and I have never had anyone get sick from them. I've come to the conclusion that the recommended cooking time is not based on food safety, but rather on making brownies that can be easily cut into nice, neat squares. Under baking the brownies makes them more difficult to cut neatly, but letting them sit overnight before cutting helps a lot.

This is my first post; let me know if I've omitted any details.

I like a moist chewy brownie over a cakey one any day. I have been using the Ghiradelli mixes fron Costco lately and love them.

Welcome to DC bty!

If I'm going to use a mix, and that's very rare, I'll go with Ghiradelli, they are pretty darned good. My scratch recipe is so simple and people go ga ga over them.

bakechef said:
If I'm going to use a mix, and that's very rare, I'll go with Ghiradelli, they are pretty darned good. My scratch recipe is so simple and people go ga ga over them.

Sure would like your recipe if you are willing to share! Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom