Hershey's chocolate topped brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I didn't really know how to title this thread, but here goes.

I read somewhere that you can bake your favorite brownie recipe and at the last few minutes of baking you would top the brownies with Hershey's chocolate bars and just let them melt. Has anyone tried this? How long would you leave them in the oven to melt them?

Last edited by a moderator:
lyndalou, if you want the melted chocolate, you can just wait til the brownies are done, pull them out and place chocolate on top. It will melt and you just spread it with a spatula. If that doesn't happen fast enough, just set the pan back in the oven as it cools off. There will be enough residual heat that the chocolate will melt in there.

Remember to score or cut the brownies before they are fully cooled to make it easier. I love brownies made this way.:yum:

If you don't have chocolate bars, you can also use any kind of chocolate chips. They too will melt after the brownies are done, and you can spread with a knife.

Big chocolate fan here but my preference is for a glaze (or simple powdered sugar sprinkled over) rather than melted chocolate. The reason is that the chocolate top becomes the star rather than the brownie and in a cool room, that chocolate can become hard, making the brownie mash when you bite through it.

A glaze is easy to make and "lighter" on the brownie. Make sure they are fully cooled before glazing and then give the glaze some time to set up as well before cutting. This glaze is a lot like chocolate glaze you find on donuts....

2/3 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 to 5 teaspoons hot water (or more...)

:chef:

Back
Top Bottom