How to make a small batch of brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supakenny

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone. I'm trying to make brownies for my gf and all the recipes I found online are for making dozens and stuff. Haha this sounds like I dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone could put up or direct me to a recipe to make 4 pieces of brownies. THank you very much for helping me out! :chef:

Personally, I do not care much about brownies but if you just want 4 pieces and the recipe is for 12, just divide the ingredients by 3, that will give you the quantity you want. For such a small quantity, it's better to bake it in muffin cups for about 20-25 minutes. If you do not have the mould, pour the batter into a smaller pan and bake accordingly.

go to www.alrecipes.com. here you will find many recipes that have ratings so you know how it will turn out. on the recipe page they also have a conversion option avaiable so you know exactly how much stuff you need!

Shaheen is right--that site is wonderful and gives great reviews that I've found helpful---it's really www.allrecipes.com but it will get you there anyway even if you type in alrecipes. Good luck! But you know, you could always make a regular batch and then freeze what you don't eat. Or take the leftovers to work and be thought special. :)

Everyone has given you some possibilities as a direct answer but the logistics and baking of such a small amount seems daunting to me. My brownie recipe calls for just one or two eggs so dividing eggs in particular by three would be difficult.
AND what will you eat on the 3 following days!!! ;o) Make a whole batch and enjoy.

Make a batch that calls for an 8x8 or 9x9 pan; give your gf some now, freeze the rest and you can surprise her later on! Brownies freeze very well!!

You know, the more brownies the better the surprise! As has been suggested there are many, many options if your girlfriend thinks there are too many....work mates, friends, family or the freezer.

BTW I think you must be a great BF to make brownies...full marks to you!

first off, let me just say that initially i'd thought that i'd never heard of such heresy before. then i realized that perhaps you haven't read the entire recipe. most of them say something like: "makes 24 1" x 1 1/2" brownies"

experienced bakers know that these are serving sizes for diabetics and people with allergies to chocolate. a more common portion would be about 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" or even 3" x 3". if you find a recipe that states that it makes a dozen brownies, consider that it really makes 4 individual servings for someone with a normal brownie appetite, or 6 servings for those who are dieting or worried about their cholesterol.
icon12.gif

Make a dozen. The first one out of the pan may not be so pretty. Cut a brownie large and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to personalize it.

Back
Top Bottom