How to make sticky brownies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coffee_tea

Assistant Cook
How to make brownie sticky?

Hi, everyone:

This site is nice!

I am new here. I have a questeion -- how to make very sticky brownies? My child need it for his class. Can someone please help me what to add to make it very sticky? I am thinking if honey will work. Any other ways?

Thank you so much!!!

Brownies are an unleavened cake. That is, it has no baking powder or baking soda in it to make it rise.

There are two ways to make your brownies more sticky; Add more sugar and fat (like making something between chocolate fudge and a brownie), or cooking them less so that there is more moisture in the end product. If they are undercooked by about 5 minutes, they will definitely be more gooey-stickey. Also, After they are cooked, you might melt chocolate chips on top by placing under the broiler for a minute or so. You can also add marshmallows to the brownie batter to give both color and a stickier texture.

But most importantly, undercook by about 5 minutes.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

here is my adaptation of Ina Gartnen's brownie tart. The only difference is I do not make it in a tart pan. These are highly addictive, VERY fudgy too.

Brownies
(yields 8 servings)

Ingredients:
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

3 extra-large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup chopped walnuts - (4 ounces)

Grease and flour an an 8 x 10 pan or a large pie plate.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in a bowl, placed over simmering water. Add 2 cups of the chocolate chips, and remove from the heat, stirring until the chocolate melts. Set aside to
completely cool.

In the bowl of an KA mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, coffee, and vanilla on medium-high speed, for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Stir in the cooled melted chocolate.

In a medium bowl, blend together, the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and the walnuts. Fold the flour mixture into the batter, just until combined.

Pour into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is puffed (the top could crack). The inside will still be very soft.
Cool to room temperature before serving.

Thank you! Goodweed of the North, toots and Andy

Thank you so much! Great help. I need it tomorrow and they are on the oven now. :):):)

I'm wondering if I made sticky brownies tonight or just needed more baking. Oops! I cut the recipe in half since I didn't have much cocoa and decided to add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to make up for the lack of cocoa. I even added less butter than it asked for and still ended up with sticky brownies. Just hope they're not undercooked. Would the melted chocolate chips in the mix make the brownies sticky? Here's what I used:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons cocoa

2/3 cup sugar
1 extra-large egg
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
dash salt

Back
Top Bottom