ISO a Recipe for Pumpkin Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShellyCooks

Senior Cook
I have never made pumpkin bars and thought they would be something different to take to a family gathering. I have searched the internet and am confused --- so many recipes and so many comments. Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for pumpkin bars? I would appreciate any help. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

This is the recipe that I use. I like it because it uses the whole can of pumpkin so you are not left with half a can to use up in another recipe.

Good luck!

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Pumpkin bars/cake[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Ingredients[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]2 cups AP flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]11/2 cups granulated sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1/2t salt[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]2 t baking powder[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]2 t ground cinnamon[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1 t baking soda[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1/4t ground cloves[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]4 eggs beaten[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1 16 ounce can of solid pack pumpkin (you may also use two cups of thick mashed or pureed pumpkin, winter squash, sweet potato or carrots.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1 cup of canola oil[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]½ cup of chopped walnuts[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]½ cup of raisins*[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Combine dry ingredients.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Stir in eggs, pumpkin and oil.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Add nuts and raisins.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Spread batter into ungreased pan and bake.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Test with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]For bars bake in a 10x15x1 inch pan for approx... 25 – 30 minutes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]For cake bake in a 9x13 pan for approximately 35 -40 minutes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]For 9 inch layers grease and flour the pans and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]When cool spank with powdered sugar or frost with cream cheese frosting.

*Omit the raisins and sprinkle the frosted bars with mini chocolate chips if you are feeding a group of kids.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Thank you, Aunt Bea and Bake Chef, for the recipes. They both look sooooo yummy! I may just try a small batch of each this weekend as taste tests! Double yum!! Thanks, again, and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

This is the recipe that I love, my mom made it for years, she got it from my grandmother's neighbor. You can spice it up with additional spices if you want to, but I love them as written.

They are very moist and delicious

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f102/peter-pumpkin-bars-81786.html

Thank you for the reminder of this delicious sounding recipe, BC! I'm definitely going to make these pumpkin bars. :yum:

OMGoodness....AB. Your recipe sounds wonderful, too! Decisions, decisions...or maybe both!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom