ISO Cake Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaZ

Senior Cook
I hope this is the right way to post this -

I am looking for a good cake brownie recipie. I like brownies that are not fudgy, chewy or taste like they haven't been baked long enough. When I was a little girl we went to visit my step-mothers, sister-in-law, essentially my aunt - anyway - she made the most delicious cake brownies I've ever had. Lost the recipie, can't duplicate it with package mixes even though it says - "for cake brownies ..." So, anyone have a good tried recipie? Also a light chocolate buttercream frosting would be nice.

Thanks,

Maybe I will. SO is currently hung up on "Cheesecake brownies" which don't like at all. I hope to change her mind.

In our world, these brownies are the "crabby cure all". I have taken to putting the dry ingredients in jars and giving them out to friends for Christmas. I sometimes drop off an "emergency bag" on a doorstep too. Making brownies seems to cure the worst mood.

In our world, these brownies are the "crabby cure all". I have taken to putting the dry ingredients in jars and giving them out to friends for Christmas. I sometimes drop off an "emergency bag" on a doorstep too. Making brownies seems to cure the worst mood.

They are the closest thing to IV chocolate you can get! Brownies stimulate all the senses.

Not T&T, but check these out (adapted from Better Homes and Gardens):
Cake Like Brownies

I don't usually bake much. I really like cake-like brownies. SO makes them from a mix and they are good. On a whim I copied this recipe and made them last week.

They certainly are cake-like. So much so that they are almost not brownie-like. I also felt there wasn't enough rich chocolate flavor. I guess I'll have to try Alix's recipe next (without the lemon :LOL:).

I don't usually bake much. I really like cake-like brownies. SO makes them from a mix and they are good. On a whim I copied this recipe and made them last week.

They certainly are cake-like. So much so that they are almost not brownie-like. I also felt there wasn't enough rich chocolate flavor. I guess I'll have to try Alix's recipe next (without the lemon :LOL:).

Do you need help taste-testing those brownies???

I think I have it covered. However, if you drop by, I can figure out something that tastes better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom