ISO less fudgy more chewy brownie recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like the fudgy or cake like brownies I've had. but, I love the chewy kind.

Working on my christmas Menu, and up until now I've always made the box brownies, but I want to scratch them out this year.
So, Give me your best chewy brownie recipe, please. :D

Thanks in advance.

I have the perfect recipe for you - they're deep, dark, delicious, and chewy. Note: I bake these for less time than indicated, about 32 minutes in a shiny metal pan. They're great warm, at room temperature, chilled, and frozen.

CHEWY BROWNIES from Fine Cooking
Chewy Brownies - Fine Cooking

The recipe on the back of the Baker's Unsweetened chocoale squares box is really good. One bowl brownies I think they're called.

Chewy Brownie Recipe

Seriously, this is the name of this recipe. And it is recipes like this that make we wonder why boxed mixes ever got established, this is so easy to make, and tastes soooo much better than boxed. The overwhelming taste I get from boxed brownie mixes is sugar, but with this recipe, it is a rich chocolate taste. I use Penzey's Natural Cocoa in this recipe, and whole wheat pastry flour. Any whole wheat flour can be used, and it will not ever be detected, or white flour if you prefer.

Chewy Brownies

3/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks) melted
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
1 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350*F.

Stir dry ingredients in a bowl; cocoa, sugar, salt, flour. Melt butter and add vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients, add 2 eggs. Stir until blended. Scrape into a greased 9 inch square pan. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the brownie just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove from oven, cool, cut and remove from pan.

This is a very rich recipe!!;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom