ISO Recipe for Fresh Apple Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as for buying american, i make a concerted effort to buy things grown and manufactured in the u.s.a., whenever feasible. but bringing home the best quality food that i can afford, including produce, is very important to me. while i eagerly support our local farmers, imported foods of all kinds can be found in my kitchen, and in abundance. but, next time i'm shopping for a new car, it's a good bet that i will be switching sides to buy an american-made one....

Last edited:
This one looks tasty and easypeasy:

Apple-Yogurt-Coffee-Cake.jpg

addie, you and i must have shared the same apple country. apples i miss from new york are macintosh, northern spy and rome. these varieties were all great cooking apples--crisp and sweet, with just enough tartness to make them favorites for eating too. picking some apples from orchards along the highways on road trips was a fun way to get free snacks and stretch our legs. and that wonderful apple aroma perfuming the air....

addie, i must agree with you about the superior quality of washington state apples, like, when they have a wenatchee stamp on them, you know they're gonna be some fine tasting apples! :)

As you probably know, I90 runs from Boston straight to Seattle, WA. When you are riding through Wenatchee in Eastern Washington during the fall picking time, there are miles and miles of orchards. The side of the road is lined with folks who stop for picking. Their harvest time is a bit later than ours. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom